European Music Festivals 2011

Psylocke

Reaction score
We discussed in the Coachella thread a while ago that it would be fun to have a thread for all European festivals where we can post and discuss line-ups, share experiences, recommend festivals, etc. Would be awesome if we had lots of people contribute :flower:

I haven't decided which ones I want to go to this year but I really want to go to PinkPop in Holland because the line-up is amazing! And I've always wanted to go to Roskilde and with Kings of Leon and PJ Harvey playing this year it sounds like fun (plus, there's always the chance of running into Freja there, no? :lol:)

Here are some of my favorite line-ups of this year for a start:

http://www.pinkpop.nl
festival2011pinkpop.jpg

http://roskilde-festival.dk/
festival2011roskilde.jpg

Rock am Ring / Rock im Park B)
http://www.rock-am-ring.com/
festival2011rar.jpg

I'd love to go to Primavera Sound or Rock Werchter. But the last one I'm not going to, cause I'm on holiday.

But I am going to Lowlands (NL), best festival of the year for me.

You should go to Pinkpop. I was planning to go but my b.tchy friends are not into that kind of scene. Ugh, and the program is so good this year. I'm dying to see Kings of Leon, Coldplay and The Script. So much hate, I'm still angry over that. :lol:

But purely when it comes to atmosphere, Lowlands thrumps Pinkpop easily.

Jep! That's right.
I've been to Pinkpop for like 7 times, first time was when I was 11. So I've seen it there and I'm not going to pay like 140eu only to have a ticket.
Tried to work there, but someone else was already promised to go there, so maybe next year.

Rock Werchter has an awesome line-up as well but there's alos a lot of crap there, it seems. So far I definitely like PinkPop's line-up the best (KOL, Coldplay, Manic Street Preachers, J. Nozuka, Band of Horses).

Jep! That's right.
I've been to Pinkpop for like 7 times, first time was when I was 11. So I've seen it there and I'm not going to pay like 140eu only to have a ticket.
Tried to work there, but someone else was already promised to go there, so maybe next year.
It's 150 euro's I think. With the camping included.
Lowlands' program is a bit meh to me this year. I only really like Fleet Foxes so far.
Last year was awesome. Mumford and Sons and Snow Patrol. :heart: The people who visit Lowlands are easier to get to dance and stuff, I think. Pinkpop is much too hyped, really.

If you want to go to Pinkpop, there are still tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only one I really want to go to is Field Day in London, but I don't think I'll be in London in time :(

NDgjE.jpg

My two choices:

fiberfib.com
fib11benicassimfestival.jpg

&
hopfarmfestival.com
hopfarmwebsiteposterver.jpg

It's 150 euro's I think. With the camping included.
Lowlands' program is a bit meh to me this year. I only really like Fleet Foxes so far.
Last year was awesome. Mumford and Sons and Snow Patrol. :heart: The people who visit Lowlands are easier to get to dance and stuff, I think. Pinkpop is much too hyped, really.

If you want to go to Pinkpop, there are still tickets.

You are forgetting Interpol!
And no, I don't want to go to Pinkpop. Not going to pay for a ticket, never done, never will be:P

I'm so going to Lowlands. No matter what, missed one year, that's not going to be happening again. It was a horrible weekend haha.

To the one who said about RW there's a lot of crap. My list (and I think I'd easily fill every day with great music and things to discover and few things I haven't seen yet). Though I think that Sunday isn't that spectaculair, besides from the Grinderman gig.
The Chemical Brothers
Linkin Park
QOTSA
The Hives (funny to watch)
Beady Eye (makes me curious)
TV on the Radio

KOL
Arctic Monkeys
The National
White Lies
Triggerfinger
Mona
Goose

Coldplay
Portishead
PJ Harvey
Elbow <3
Underworld
Selah Sue

Grinderman
Kaiser Chiefs
Kasabian
Digitalism
Fleet Foxes
Two Door Cinema Club
The Vaccines (see if they are worth the hype)

7 bands of this list I haven't seen yet (5 for sure, 2 I doubt whether I've seen them or not). So great bands, but not paying 200eu only for entrance.

Oh, and Coldplay is playing longer than usual this year at Pinkpop. So so jealous of the people going.

Coldplay used to be interested, but since the third album I'm not really into them anymore. Though I would check them out if I'd get the change. The first album was so so great!

But hey, check it out on television, or try to win tickets at 3FM (that's what I did a few years ago).

My two choices:
hopfarmfestival.com
***Please do not quote images***

Hop farm? Good choice!! don't miss transfer!! They are amazing!! Really.... they are!!!

Rock Werchter has an awesome line-up as well but there's alos a lot of crap there, it seems. So far I definitely like PinkPop's line-up the best (KOL, Coldplay, Manic Street Preachers, J. Nozuka, Band of Horses).

http://www.rockwerchter.be/
***Please do not quote images***

Don't miss White Lies and Hurts!! Love these bands"!

While it doesn't look nearly as enticing as some of the aforementioned shows, here's the lineup for Sonar in Barcelona(attached)

Attachments

• sonar.jpg
    sonar.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 1
Coldplay used to be interested, but since the third album I'm not really into them anymore. Though I would check them out if I'd get the change. The first album was so so great!
Completely agree. I used to be a huuuge fan and they never came to any festivals near me and after the 3rd album they were everywhere and I couldn't be bothered to go see them live because the 3rd and especially the 4th kinda sucked. But now I regret never seeing them so I'd love to see Coldplay at a festival this year.

Field Day sounds great. Judging by the flyer it looks so peaceful and hippie-ish :lol: Don't know many bands there but that makes it even more interesting, I guess.
Hopfarm would be worth checking out for the Eagles and Bryan Ferry!

The line-up for Paléo Festival in Switzerland was announced today and I think I'll have to go on Thursday, July 21st with PJ Harvey, The Do, Avi Buffalo and Anna Calvi all playing on the same day. The Strokes headlining ain't too bad either, even if I'm not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->