eye makeup for blue-grey eyes / pale skin???

Reaction score
i have no clue how to do my makeup! I have dirty-blonde hair, blue-grey eyes (on the small side), and pale skin! If you have ANY ideas on how to do ANY makeup (eyes, cheeks, face, lips) PLEASE HELP ME!!! I love to look perfect and healthy and i NEED SOME HELP! thank you! If you have any good ideas,
PLEASE EMAIL ME: [email protected]

THANK YOU TO WHOMEVER HELPS!:heart:

To accentuate blue eyes, you use gold/brown eyeshadows.

For smaller eyes you shouldnt use dark colours heavily, this will make them seem smaller.

The only way to get really good at doing your own make-up is to practice!

I hope this helps

thanks so much! I tried the brown...and wow.it looks good! thanks so much to both of you and anyone else with tips!

I have really similar colouring to you and here's what I do - play around and you'll eventually find what suits you best :flower:

Eyes: golden browns with a warm brown eyeliner. Black eyeliner is too severe on me. I usually use a darker brown eyeshadow applied with a damp slanted brush. Coppery coloured liners on a light brown shadow seem to make my eyes really blue. Check the thread on blue eyes for pictures of shades

Cheeks: Peach doesn't suit me. I have a lot of pink in my skin so I use a light pink like Benefit Dandelion as my blush (even though it's technically not a blush). YSL's Touche Blush in the baby pink is lovely and makes my cheekbones really stand out. It's not garish, even though the colour is vivid in the jar.

03755181702.jpg
P38347_hero.jpg
(sephora.com and strawberrynet.com)

Lips: I'm not a fan of dark lips on pale skin, so I just use a gloss or lipstick that's a shade or two darker than my natural lips. Too pale and my lips just fade into my face.

Face: whatever you do, make sure that your foundation matches your skin perfectly. You're supposed to match it to your face, but my face is darker than my neck and salesgirls have made me look clownish, like my face and neck are from different people's bodies! So my advice would be to take the colouring of your neck and decolletage into account when buying foundation.

hope this helps! This is all v natural makeup but if you're only starting off you don't want to be attempting couture makeup!

Last edited by a moderator:
hedoesntloveme said:
I have dirty-blonde hair, blue-grey eyes (on the small side), and pale skin!

whoa - u sound exactly like me :woot:

i copy these looks
(superiorpics)

Attachments

• reese1441op copy.jpg
    reese1441op copy.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Witherspoon88297287.jpg
    Witherspoon88297287.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
I have blue eyes and reddybrown hair...see my avatar...anyone got any advice on whether i'd look good with really dark brown hair...bit bored of my current look...(I tan well btw) Please help
xx

do you have pale skin as well?! Is that why you are posting in this thread? Sorry...just confused...

I also have blue-grey eyes and pale skin (with pink undertones) though my hair color is a true auburn. Though this is an old thread, I agree with the above posters. I use a lot of orange/copper and browns but I do use black eyeliner (though my mascara is a dark brown). I use a bright pink eyeshadow as my blush (I put it on with my fingers) as I think it gives my cheeks the best flushed look.

If this is the color combo you have and you want to go to a darker hair color, it really depends on the shade. Once in high school I went darker and it really brought out the color in my skin and everyone commented how much more 'alive' I looked (ah the good ol' backhanded compliment). About two years ago I went darker again, but the color didn't have the same depth and while it looked alright, it didn't bright color to my face and without that element, it really wasn't worth it.

do you have pale skin as well?! Is that why you are posting in this thread? Sorry...just confused...

I also have blue-grey eyes and pale skin (with pink undertones) though my hair color is a true auburn. Though this is an old thread, I agree with the above posters. I use a lot of orange/copper and browns but I do use black eyeliner (though my mascara is a dark brown). I use a bright pink eyeshadow as my blush (I put it on with my fingers) as I think it gives my cheeks the best flushed look.

If this is the color combo you have and you want to go to a darker hair color, it really depends on the shade. Once in high school I went darker and it really brought out the color in my skin and everyone commented how much more 'alive' I looked (ah the good ol' backhanded compliment). About two years ago I went darker again, but the color didn't have the same depth and while it looked alright, it didn't bright color to my face and without that element, it really wasn't worth it.

yup I have pale skin as well....thank you Meg xx

I find that a cool pink blush, dark brown eyeliner on the upper waterline and black mascara brings out the colour of my eyes...I'm not an eye shadow person, really.

I couldn't find the appropriate thread for my question, but since I have blue eyes I'll just ask here ...
I'm searching for a gold eyeshadow, could someone recommend some brands?:flower:

hedoesntloveme: you pretty much just described me too :P I found that golds, browns, and especially copper colours look great, and also makeup forever has a loose pigment #953 is really good too(it's a pale peachy coral) and their eyeshadow #311(metallic burgandy/bronze) is really nice if you want to do a darker, smoky eye without using black. It looks a bit intimidating because it's darker but it looks really pretty and brings out the greyish tones in my eyes.
Also, I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I use a bright hot pink/fushia lipstick my eyes just pop and my skin looks really fresh and even.

I couldn't find the appropriate thread for my question, but since I have blue eyes I'll just ask here ...
I'm searching for a gold eyeshadow, could someone recommend some brands?:flower:
yup, sure cause i'm blond, bluish/grey and pale too
so, after reading some magazines, i got MAC honey lust and it works soo well!
you just put a bit on the inner corners and it lights up you face and really opens your eyes, a the same time really emphasizing the colour:clap:

My eyes tend to look grey, but they look more blue if I put on something with red/orange tones in it (not too much red, then you just look like you have an infection :rofl:)

sleeksstorm.jpg

I lightened my hair, so I can't do black mascara without looking slightly strange :P

You have the same coloring as me (although my hair is now ginger as opposed to blonde) and I always wear the blackest mascara I can find!

^I know - my hair is just plain blonde these days, and my skin has no colour to it, so black mascara looks really odd...like a big black blop in the middle of my face :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meineri
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->