Eye shadow problem

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has experienced the same problem....... On one of my eyes I find that none of the eye shadows i've tried will "stick" to part of my eye lid. Half of my eye lid reacts like its oily or something & the shadows wont coat on, powder or creams. So I always end up having one perfect eye & the other half perfect, with the other half bare! Does anyone have any tips please!?

The best I can do it dab 2 coats of cream shadow on, then cover it with powder, but this still doesnt last long.........

You should try using a cream concealer (Stila is fab.) all over the lid, then dab some loose powder and brush the excess off.
Only then aplly the eye shadow. :wink:

or even try a powder foundation on the lid-before you apply the shadow (MAC studio fix)

Shelaq is the way to go, or Lemon-aid, both from Benefit....they create a shield on your eyelids, which will make the eyeshadow stick, the colors are more true, and it wont allow the colors to fade, smudge, or crease :wink:

Thank you for all your kind suggestions. Where can I get benefit make-up from? I can in england yeah?

I tell you what I went into John Lewis & Boots asking for kiss-me mascara (recommended on here by someone) & NONE of the beauticians on the point of sales had heard of it!?

Mac paint in bare canvas is great for making eyeshadow long lasting. it won't crease or become oily and the paint is like a primer for your shadow so it helps it stick. Try to leave it on for a minimum of 10 minutes, letting it dry completely, before putting on any eyeshadow over it.

urban decay's primer potion works really well with making eyeshadow last. i've put in a 10 hour day with out having to retouch.

Alejandro said:
Shelaq is the way to go, or Lemon-aid, both from Benefit....they create a shield on your eyelids, which will make the eyeshadow stick, the colors are more true, and it wont allow the colors to fade, smudge, or crease :wink:

I use Shelaq too and it does work...also putting on a primer that controls your lids oilyness helps if you can't find Shelaq.

I bought shelaq as my first trial & i've got to say as long as i let it dry properly its great! my eye shadow does not budge until i remove it! A little pricey but i assume it will last quite a while. Thanks to those who suggested it! :clap:

I forgot to ask one thing... it works great with my cream shadows, but when i use powder & paint on shelaq after it brushes most of the powder off with it. Am i doing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if I should have started a new thread for my question but I figured the title of this thread is general enough. Sorry if I thought wrong. I noticed that a lot of tips given my make up pros are for those with deep set eyes or at least with a rather prominent crease. The "crease" is always used as a point of reference. My problem is that I have typical Asian eyes - almonds shaped with a low almost not noticeable "crease". Anyone with tips for this type of eyelids?
I normally just sweep a single shade over the entire lid with eyeliner and mascara. For nights, I add a darker shade just on the outer corner. But I'm getting kind bored with the same thing everyday.:( The only way I vary is by using all sorts of colors.

Bluestar you should try to do your eye make up with 2 tones, a darker one near the lash line and the lighter one coming up all the way until your eye brows. I read that asian eye make up works better this way. Pink tones suit asian skin really well. You should also go more for mate shadows rather than the frosty ones.
Also use some good mascara to enphasize the lashes. :wink:

hth :smile:

Thanks Sofia .... I do use pinks but also alotta other colors. I seem to get lotsa compliments when I wear green because not many asians can. I'm really fair and kinda pink complexion-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannah Ursula
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->