Fall/Winter 05/06 - which boots are hot?

While I love almost all of the boots pictured, I'm curious as to how people are going to wear them. A few people have thought that jeans tucked into boots seems outdated, but the jean over the boot seems even more outdated to me. So, what are people going to do with jeans and boots? Thanks!

Luxury's Lap said:
While I love almost all of the boots pictured, I'm curious as to how people are going to wear them. A few people have thought that jeans tucked into boots seems outdated, but the jean over the boot seems even more outdated to me. So, what are people going to do with jeans and boots? Thanks!

jeans over boots are outdated? i didnt even know that was a trend.

miss.fashionista said:
jeans over boots are outdated? i didnt even know that was a trend.

Hmmm, well, everytime I try it, it looks outdated. Maybe I need to try more of a bootcut? Or a straight leg? :blink:

Luxury's Lap said:

Well, i only wear skinny drainpipe jeans, and boots look great over them.B)

Diorling said:
I dont like all the pointed toe boots, they're really stodgy looking, Im shocked. Logically two of my favorite things put together would produce something even better. That long roundtoe like the Gucci's are just...perfection..

I know what you mean, I just love those. I saw them on pre order at Saks and was on the verge of getting them, but $1600?? I prabably wouldn't get to wear them much, but they'd last for years. I still can't get them off my mind

Chloe-Babe said:
Just wanted to let you know that I got my chloe boot that I had been swooning over:heart: . My hubby was in Paris on Friday and picked them up for me, and they are delicious. So very comfortable and a good size heel. Roll on Autumn, I am so over summer now!:woot:

Ohhh I hate you!!!! :angry: I am so jealous!!!! :P I love the Chloé boots SO much! In my eyes Phoebe Philo can do no wrong. Even though I wasn't originally too keen on the return of the chunky heel, I loved those Chloé boots since the show in March. I especially really really want the last pair in post #15, if the color is what I think it is...

I'm not too much a fan of the flat boot, I think it looks awkward. :unsure:

As for how I'm going to wear my boots, I plan to wear them with skirts and dresses especially...but will occasionally wear them with my jeans tucked in. I think that done right this doesn't look outdated. What's the point of covering up your beautiful boots with pants?

Drainpipes and skinny jeans are EVERYWHERE in UK for Autumn/winter, so I dont think the jeans tucked into boots is going to disappear this season. Gap are doing a big launch in a couple of weeks of their skinny jean, as it has had fab previews as THE next jean to buy, and just as an example, the pair shown in the Next directory for Autumn/Winter tucked into the brown boot has SOLD OUT! and its July! so definitely the high street end fashion chains are supporting this look for winter! I like it, but I think you have to think more about what you are going to wear with the jeans on top, as they can certainly cut your legs in half and make you look shorter. I am favouring a blazer jacket with a shirt underneath, it kinda breaks it all up and looks preppy! :smile: but hey, thats just me :D

shopsmuch said:
Ohhh I hate you!!!! :angry: I am so jealous!!!! :P I love the Chloé boots SO much! In my eyes Phoebe Philo can do no wrong. Even though I wasn't originally too keen on the return of the chunky heel, I loved those Chloé boots since the show in March. I especially really really want the last pair in post #15, if the color is what I think it is...

I'm not too much a fan of the flat boot, I think it looks awkward. :unsure:

As for how I'm going to wear my boots, I plan to wear them with skirts and dresses especially...but will occasionally wear them with my jeans tucked in. I think that done right this doesn't look outdated. What's the point of covering up your beautiful boots with pants?

ahhh, thanks honey! I know how you feel, the first time I saw them I knew I had to have them, and I have had no 34 of the look book stuck in my mind since they were first published :wink: . I know I am going to get so much wear out of them, that the price didnt really put me off at all. I know they are gonna be the staple of my winter wardrobe - now I just need the hobo bag to go with them :innocent:

Chloe-Babe said:
ahhh, thanks honey! I know how you feel, the first time I saw them I knew I had to have them, and I have had no 34 of the look book stuck in my mind since they were first published :wink: . I know I am going to get so much wear out of them, that the price didnt really put me off at all. I know they are gonna be the staple of my winter wardrobe - now I just need the hobo bag to go with them :innocent:

Yeah, boots are definitely going to be my staple purchase this autumn...so I might have to go for a pair of Chloé boots :wub: ...this thread is just reinforcing this thought. Hope you do end up getting the hobo, I like that a lot as well! :smile:

shopsmuch said:
Yeah, boots are definitely going to be my staple purchase this autumn...so I might have to go for a pair of Chloé boots :wub: ...this thread is just reinforcing this thought. Hope you do end up getting the hobo, I like that a lot as well! :smile:

yay, just if you do decide to go for them, get em early, before everybody wants them. Honesty, Chloe in St Honore' Paris, I got the very last pair and they received them last week, and they did not seem to know when the next delivery of these would be, so if you decide to go for it, do it and worry about wearing them later :flower:

Chloe-Babe said:
Ahh, thanks :D , I really, really like them, but just beware, they come up very small. I am usually a uk 4.5 -5 (which is a US 6.5 - 7), but they only had one pair left already at Chloe Paris and it was a 39 (UK 6), luckily I thought I would risk it as I could always wear socks with them, but they are a perfect fit, so anyone thinking of getting a chloe pair, I would definitely recommend one size larger than you usually are.
:flower:

Chloe-Babe,(or anyone else) this is a long shot,but did you by any chance see these two-tone boots in real life? I have a tiny foot but rounded calves and I worry about getting into them (though there is some space around the model's calf...models don't have calves!!)

I am usually anywhere from UK size 3,through 3.5 to 4,depending on brand...I have ordered the boots in 37 (UK 4)...would you recommend the 38 instead? Is the foot small too? The heels are so high I wouldn't want my foot slipping and sliding around the inside...though I guess there are always socks...

Attachments

• chloeboots2.jpg
    chloeboots2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 499
Chloe-Babe said:
yay, just if you do decide to go for them, get em early, before everybody wants them. Honesty, Chloe in St Honore' Paris, I got the very last pair and they received them last week, and they did not seem to know when the next delivery of these would be, so if you decide to go for it, do it and worry about wearing them later :flower:
gah, okay, thanks for the tip...I saw net-a-porter was going to be getting the ones I want in and so I signed up to be notified as soon as they get them in...but maybe I will make the shot trip and get them in nyc. Yes, I am in love with these boots so I have decided I definitely need them. I don't want to take my chances of never being able to get them. :doh:

Not sure if anyone posted them yet, but I think the Dior boots are the hottest of the season...

00070m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00200m.jpg

/\ i think someone did post them but there so hot nobody will care...i love the black ones and the ones which were used in the dior haute couture ss05

just out of curiosity, has anybody ever worn a boot with a heel like those diors? They look like they'd be kind of hard to walk in... :unsure: Well maybe not hard but strange...

Does anyone know where i can get some round toed boots with zips on, apart from just the plain leather type horse riding boots? Every other pair i've seen has no openings and i cant get them on without openings :cry: i had the same problem with cowboy boots and found a pair just at the beginning of the year and now im sick of that trend! I desperately want some round toed boots before i get sick of them!

Help much appreciated :flower:

PS under £100 preferably!

Sorry edit: also just under knee length

Last edited by a moderator:
LostInNJ said:
Not sure if anyone posted them yet, but I think the Dior boots are the hottest of the season...

00070m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00200m.jpg

there actually very similar to the boots worn in the spring 2000 rtw show

100018935.jpg
100018937.jpg

JR1 said:
there actually very similar to the boots worn in the spring 2000 rtw show

100018935.jpg
100018937.jpg
He also showed practically the same thing for the F/W 99 HC. Im sure Ive seen that heel/boot shape before that at Dior. That white boot is essentially the same as the brown boots from this season.

these are the ones I have for Fall...

Brian Atwood caramel round toe
Dark brown Louboutin
Red Casadei
black vintage round toe pair
and the cutest Jimmy Choo pointy toe.

I have to say I love boots.

Attachments

• 01111111 050.JPG
    01111111 050.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 3d_1.jpg