Fancy, They Don't Fit

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
My friend was visiting and she wanted to buy some new jeans. I recently found a couple of stores with a good selection of trendy labels and I insisted she try some on. The first store featured Rock and Republic, Yanuk, James and Damage. She tried them all but as she says, she has "junk in the trunk" and all of them "make my *** look flat."

No problem, I think, the next store has even more stuff and a reputation for finding the perfect fit for everyone. The woman who helped us, who I have bought jeans from before, understood the mission and in short order had six pairs to try, including Loomstate, Notify, Chip and Pepper, two labels I had never seen before and don't know the name of and the guaranteed pleaser, Citizens of Humanity. I thought the Loomstate were very cool but my friend gave the thumbs down, she said the waistband was too loose. The CoH did fit her but she didn't want them because "everyone has these."

Well, not to worry. She usually buys Diesel so off to the Diesel store we go. There she tried on Cherone, Nadar, Crossim and Rame. I thought the Cherone was a winner but by this time she was mad and didn't like anything. She was so mad she insisted on going to the Gap, saying that cheaper jeans fit her better anyway. (Insert socio-political commentary here.)

Gap washes did nothing for her and she didn't bother trying anything on. We went to Miss Sixty. She tried on three or four styles, no joy. By this time I was reduced to sitting on a chair and that is saying something.

Happy Ending: We went back to Diesel and she got the Cherone, which she finally admitted flattered, instead of flattening, her booty.

The Irony: When she visited a year ago we went to Diesel and she loved the first pair she tried on (Zink.) She wears them all the time and this is the pair of jeans we were trying to replace because they are nearly shot.

Haha, sounds like me! Jeans are 'casual' wear, but they are one of the hardest to find with the perfect fit - even if you're slim, slim doesn't equal slim....some flatten your butt, some raise your butt, some give you broad hips, some make your thighs look fat....endless quest for the perfect, everyday, casual pants.

R&R and Yanuk are cute for thin and lanky people

COH and Seven are more for curvy types

i was given a pair of jeans from old navy and i wore them until they shredded...go figure...they were the best...although seven's do fit...i just can't bring myself to wear them...

i buy men's levi's and have them tailored...

When I see Seven's on curvy people it looks great on them.

I almost never wear jeans now but I did when I was younger and was never able to find the PERFECT jeans... :cry:

I've given up on buying jeans, and now make my own. I'd suggest rather than dropping $100 on some Paper Denims that aren't quite right, you take your $100 and turn it over to a good dressmaker and have a pair of jeans custom made.

:P I am a pain also to shop for the perfect jeans.

I am a sucker for Diesel as well.. but I realized that they are not that limited edition and I have to pay $200 for it??? so forget it!!!!! But once in a while I do find a great pair(not perfect but good fit!) for $50 then i would snap it up

Right now for me my fave has been Dior Homme's jeans for men. I have stocked up on 4 pairs... unfortunately I work now like most of the people do and we don't have casual Friday... so I don't really get to wear much of them. So I can only see it as I don't wear these 4 pairs out too fast.. because they are my FAVE and will be for quite a while..not to mention they cost me an arm and a leg to get them :cry:

Originally posted by ionn24@Sep 9 2004, 12:16 PM
:P I am a pain also to shop for the perfect jeans.

I am a sucker for Diesel as well.. but I realized that they are not that limited edition and I have to pay $200 for it??? so forget it!!!!! But once in a while I do find a great pair(not perfect but good fit!) for $50 then i would snap it up

Right now for me my fave has been Dior Homme's jeans for men. I have stocked up on 4 pairs... unfortunately I work now like most of the people do and we don't have casual Friday... so I don't really get to wear much of them. So I can only see it as I don't wear these 4 pairs out too fast.. because they are my FAVE and will be for quite a while..not to mention they cost me an arm and a leg to get them :cry:
[snapback]360972[/snapback]​

I'd pay $450 for Dior jeans over $200 for Diesel without blinking.

You can find Paper Denims, Diesels, Joes, Sevens, Blue Cults, yadda, yadda at Filenes Basement, Loehmmans, Century 21, Marshalls (especially PDCs there)....I can't imagine paying so much for denim.....

Originally posted by As You Like It@Sep 9 2004, 08:14 AM
I've given up on buying jeans, and now make my own. I'd suggest rather than dropping $100 on some Paper Denims that aren't quite right, you take your $100 and turn it over to a good dressmaker and have a pair of jeans custom made.
[snapback]360700[/snapback]​

Originally posted by faust@Sep 9 2004, 01:11 PM
I'd pay $450 for Dior jeans over $200 for Diesel without blinking.
[snapback]361014[/snapback]​

Totally agree!!!!! :flower:

One of my friends makes fun of me for buying what he refers to as "mom jeans."

Well, I'm sorry, but overflow does not a low-rise friend make!

I like Diesel, but I have bought them for $50 instead of $200. They're nice.

Originally posted by Dixie@Sep 12 2004, 03:19 AM
I like Diesel, but I have bought them for $50 instead of $200. They're nice.
[snapback]364363[/snapback]​
Me too, and I agree.

I havent found any jeans that fit like versace......soft as anything out there and somewhat reasonable at 300 a pair

dl

Finding jeans that fit me is so hard... I agree that most designer jeans do not fit a curvy body.

i'm not curvy, but it's a pain in the *** to find jeans that fit perfectly. i'm 5'2 - 5'3, and most styles are either too big in the hips or too long :rolleyes:.

i go to miss sixty now and get size 24 and i still have to get the length tailored. :angry: but at least they fit me in the bum/hips okayish.

diesels are always wayy too big for me.

postscript: She returned the Diesels and got a pair of Sevens (Flynt) instead. She is happy now (and they do look great on her.)

oh tangerine...you have just illustrated why everyone has got seven's on their a**... ^_^ :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clem3166
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->