Fancy, They Don't Fit

I have a massive problem with jeans. I'm 5'8, so sometimes i don't find ones that are long enough to wear with heels if i need to. I want all-purpose jeans I can wear with trainers or flats or heels, so I need a little bootleg. But I have a flat ****,which I'm actually really happy with if i'm honest, and although I love Diesel washes, they make my **** look bigger. Not loads, but if you're used to having nothing, it's a lot. And also, what's up with their leg inches? I always get a 34 leg inch-but on one pair, they're a bit shorter cut than my other zink pair. So I got some a pair of Blue Cult's-perfect, but i'd like them even more if they were a little longer. I tried on Habitual-so comfy, but maybe that was only because the leg was so totally wide, even when i tried a 27 inch waist. Why is that? Sometimes i think, I'm going to buy a really cheap pair-but Topshop jeans are *awful* on me. I tried a brand called Warehouse, but I just did not get along with them. There's a cool store here called All Saints which isn't really expensive but at the higher end of the high-street chain. I paid about £70 for a light rinse pair over there and they're cool.Juicy jeans are not made for me. I tried some Diesel's on the other day, but not hard denim, the elasticated kind, since I figure they might conform to your figure better. There's a pair I might get:I don't really have a prob with how they make my hips/thighs/etc look, it's always that bit at the bottom-they're always not bootleg enough, too bottleg, not long enough, too long. Bottom Line: I have 5 pairs of sevens, and I think I might stick with them. (Don't worry, I only paid retail for one).

Uggh, God, monologue over....

I loathe shopping for jeans - I never find a pair that fit me absolutely perfectly and create a perfect line.

I have hips but I'm proportional - small-boned, slender, but I don't bother to work out so I've got a little fat here and there, like on my inner thighs and bits on my hips.

So when I look for jeans, it usually ends up like this:

waist is too tight, but thighs fit perfectly.

thighs are too baggy, but waist is perfect.

and so on and so forth.

Lately I've just been wearing a new pair of Abercrombie jeans I got, which I got in my usual size four, even though at Abercrombie I can wear twos, but I like the slightly looser fit of fours on me (more comfortable). Unfortunately, I did some MAJOR exercise recently (hours upon hours of walking through Italy) so I've dropped some weight and these jeans are now looser on me. But I'm far too lazy to jean shop again, so I'm just wearing them rather low. At least the thigh area is still ok, although I could have them taken in quite a lot, but I'm lucky because the jeans seem to fit so that the majority of the extra fabric moves around and never quite makes me look remarkably heavier in that area.

I've found that Sevens and COH's fit me well, although sometimes COH's are a bit long in the leg for me.

I must check out Miss Sixty, though, as I hear they're good.

Twilight - you're kind of like me, then! petite-ish, although i'm 5'4", and always ends up with the length problem (I don't have short legs...I'm just short. haha)...:: sigh ::

Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Sep 20 2004, 08:37 PM
I have a massive problem with jeans. I'm 5'8, so sometimes i don't find ones that are long enough to wear with heels if i need to. I want all-purpose jeans I can wear with trainers or flats or heels, so I need a little bootleg. But I have a flat ****,which I'm actually really happy with if i'm honest, and although I love Diesel washes, they make my **** look bigger. Not loads, but if you're used to having nothing, it's a lot. And also, what's up with their leg inches? I always get a 34 leg inch-but on one pair, they're a bit shorter cut than my other zink pair. So I got some a pair of Blue Cult's-perfect, but i'd like them even more if they were a little longer. I tried on Habitual-so comfy, but maybe that was only because the leg was so totally wide, even when i tried a 27 inch waist. Why is that? Sometimes i think, I'm going to buy a really cheap pair-but Topshop jeans are *awful* on me. I tried a brand called Warehouse, but I just did not get along with them. There's a cool store here called All Saints which isn't really expensive but at the higher end of the high-street chain. I paid about £70 for a light rinse pair over there and they're cool.Juicy jeans are not made for me. I tried some Diesel's on the other day, but not hard denim, the elasticated kind, since I figure they might conform to your figure better. There's a pair I might get:I don't really have a prob with how they make my hips/thighs/etc look, it's always that bit at the bottom-they're always not bootleg enough, too bottleg, not long enough, too long. Bottom Line: I have 5 pairs of sevens, and I think I might stick with them. (Don't worry, I only paid retail for one).

[snapback]371052[/snapback]​

Blue Cults would be a good jean for you because of their signature "butt lifter" seam. I would reccomend you try Rock and Republic. They make a really long inseam. Frankie B's also have long inseams. The fit on those brands is good too.

Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Sep 20 2004, 04:37 PM

[snapback]371052[/snapback]​

Have you tried Rock & Republic jeans? They have longer inseams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->