Fashion City In You Dream...

Mine would include chocolate receipts: the less you spend, the less your means, the greater your need for pleasure, the longer the receipt, the more the chocolate...

The robots would do the work - their high productivity means I pay for no-one's inefficiencies...

A superior being organises it so the city would be just big enough to include everything and anything but the unwanted reunions, with unwanted contacts...

No-one sabotages would-be creativity by thinking of your idea before you do..

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@May 25th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
Mine would include chocolate receipts: the less you spend, the less your means, the greater your need for pleasure, the longer the receipt, the more the chocolate...

The robots would do the work - their high productivity means I pay for no-one's inefficiencies...

A superior being organises it so the city would be just big enough to include everything and anything but the unwanted reunions, with unwanted contacts...

No-one sabotages would-be creativity by thinking of your idea before you do..
:o :rofl:

a fashion utopia would create insecurity.

you would never have that temporary feeling of superiority.

which is hard to get as it is.

but in my fashion utopia...

NO KNOCK OFFS

Originally posted by loserunit@May 25th, 2004 - 6:47 pm

you would never have that temporary feeling of superiority.

:shock: :o ...i'm always hearing something for the first time on this forum...what an interesting perspective... :innocent:

Every oen woudl be free to express them seleves, art and creativety woudl ba suported and funded

Great big crazy partys

Amaizng indvidual clothes taht every one coudl afford becua all peopel woudl work togetehr for the common good.

every one would be happy and free

Oh, oh, oh! :bounce:
Well, in my city all the fashion shows would be free. So that anyone and everyone could watch them. Even the huge ones like Dolce&Gabbana and all those crazy Dior shows. Also, the outfits would actually be affordable, but still over-the-top and fabulous. US Vogue would be better and stop having silly cloned celebs on their covers. The foreign Vogues would be affordable as well. There would never be any incredible looking editions which one could only gape at because they were over $30 and plastic wrapped. Everyday clothing would stop being boring and people would never wear Von Dutch or thongs or anything disgusting ever again. The men would start wearing ties and ascots and velvet suits and the women would wear all these dresses with full skirts and silk and embroidery. Although, people could of course have their choice of what they wanted to wear. Those outfits would just be more popular. Also, mall stores would stop carrying identical merchandise and the Gap and their ilk would never use child labour again. Even regular employee wages would go up. Every store would become interesting, their clothing would be completely unusual and not be mass-produced any longer. Also, footwear would stop being so expensive while still being well-made. Nothing over $100.

(Canada, eighteen, student)

There would be busy streets full of people of all types, sizes, origins etc.
There would be no building taller than four stories, and half the city would be very old style with classic architecture etc whilst the other half would be very modern with wood, brick, render, glass and steel all mixed together.

Glass walkways will stretch over main roads leading from stores on one side of the road to the other on the second and forth levels. The flooring in these walkways will also be glass!

It would be filled with boutiques, shoe shops, and chain stores (only the cool ones!) each with their own individual style inside the walls of their shop.

Boutiques will also incorperate a small coffee shop or bar at the back! No cars will drive on the roads, instead a monorail and trams will run around the city. (If you don't know what trams are, PM me, it may sound stupid but not everyone has them.)

:D :D :D

More ideas later, but I've got a bookful of maths to do now... :(

Oh! And maybe (I can't decide if this is a good idea or not), but maybe there could be conveyer belt type things instead of footpaths so you can wear those awesome heels for a day of shopping in the city without getting really sore feet!!!

very importantly the shops should made in a way that the shopping is more interesting and easier. The displays should be creative and interesting to look at.
Similar kinds of products should be put in the same area so pple can know that shoes are mainly on 1st street, couture on 2nd ...

i also agree with space on regular 'fashion'parties
An auditorium where up and coming and even established fashion designers can show their clothes is also a must

Hey! these are all brilliant ideas... you guys are so creative and innovatives... thanks alot... more ideas will make the fashion city so perfect... can't imagine where this might be.

Stay Cool!

Well... in my fashion utopia the product, though conceived by the designer won't be "fisnished" til the customer gets some input .. I think customers value personalized/uniqueness overall so modifications/personalizing is a important factor to me ... the fact that customer contributes to the finished product makes more of his/her own ... in a way it may be considered as a shopping experience, I mean, i know that online shopping might be huge, but I'd rather have a tailor sent to me as per an online request than plain buying something out of the e-rack.
In a way, it's back to going to this huge bazaars/markets .. many options, lots of touching/watching products right there, on hand.
Oh! and something else that must be pointed out is democracy ... i think it should be determined most on the man-hours work and cost of the materials ... that way, people would have access to what they actually like

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->