Fashion Designers & their Partners in Business and Life

BellisVintage

Reaction score

There have been many fashion designers who have come to the attention of the public for their amazing skill but just as important in their success in many cases are their partners.

Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti have been partners in life and business for over 45 years. This video gives a brief insight into why their relationship works: spending time together, being honest (brutally at times) and knowing what is most important in your life. These are ideas that can be applied to all relationships.

Another working/personal relationships I can think of in fashion is YSL and Pierre Bergé. If you know of any others I would love to her about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off the top of my head, I'd say Marc Jacobs and Patrick Duffy. Though I am not sure if they've ever been romantically linked.

Interesting topic, thanks for posting.

Diane von Furstenberg and Barry Diller.

They only got married (uh..."married")recently but I think he has been instrumental to her success for a while

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana used to be a couple, but broke up. It seems like they remained friends, though.

Monique Lhuillier and Tom Bugbee (CEO of her namesake company)

Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli is probably the best example for me, even though it's not as known. I don't think Prada would be as successful as it is business-wise if it weren't for him.

@fashionista-ta I was actually wondering for a while if Patrick was gay or not. There's not much on google about him XD

And I think you could also say that Pier Paolo and Maria Grazia could be included. They've been working together for almost 25 years, even though they're not romantically together.

Good point about Prada ... and the Valentino designers even say they are like an old married couple (in the current issue of US Bazaar), so they totally cop to the work husband/work wife thing :wink:

Mark Badgley and James Mischka met at Parsons School of Design and quickly joined together both creatively and romantically. They got married this year.

equallywed.com

Belgian designers Raf Simons and Véronique Branquinho were romantically involved for 5 years (1995-2000).

Lazaro Hernandez & Jack McCollough have to be the modern interpretation of this discussion.

Roberto Cavalli and Eva should also be included in this (although Eva and Roberto are no longer romantically linked) they have established a brands identity together, a strong one at that.

Frida Giannini and Patrizio Di Marco could also be considered, non?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->