Fashion Editors/Stylists as Celebs:The Focus on Their Personal Style & Not Their Work

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/07/anna_dello_russo_to_release_a.html
Anna Dello Russo to Release a Fragrance Japanese Vogue's fashion director Anna Dello Russo, who seems to get more famous by the day, is launching a fragrance! Finally a celebrity scent that's actually exciting! Because she's an industry celebrity! Russo said the idea came from art director Ronnie Cooke Newhouse, who suggested she do one. "Ronnie defined me as an insider reality fashion star and so I thought, now is the time to do a fragrance," she said. Which fashion editors will follow?

from the cut blog

Oh no.... Now I think Anna will quit her role as a fashion director and soon become a celebrity in some sort of form.

Can't judge her perfume yet, since it's not even out, but the fact that she is even going to make one just confuse me. This once again proves that it's not even about how they style the editorial or whoever they work for anymore, if the spot light hits them, they become the queen and doesn't have to care about the quality of their work anymore, what a pity. And yes, Anna is definitely a industry reality fashion show star, we see her and her direct runway look everywhere, and that barely proves that she has a good style or good work; but her accessories are actually nice:wink:

Thanks nyc art style for the news.

looking at what is going on lately...
it would seem that the fashion world has turned away from bloggers and back to fashion editors...
but in a new way...
definitely the fashion editor as a celeb or personality...
which i think is way better, frankly...
and makes a lot more sense...
*at least in the luxury market...
and the luxury market seems to be the only one that is still really viable at the moment anyway...
:P...

i think some of the editors got sick of seeing all those kids get all the attention and just decided to push back and get in on the act...
*to show the kids how it's done, so to speak...
and i bet they are getting paid better too!

but this will probably change soon enough somehow...
fashion is fickle...
always looking for some new way to grab your attention...
and your $$$

:mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not sure if they have moved away from bloggers, but i am noticing the same bloggers again and again...
a certain few have risen to the top (cover girl even featured bloggers in an ad in september vogue)...
and with vogue, lucky, glamour, etc forming their own "blogger collectives," i don't think the realm of the blogger will go away anytime soon...

honestly i would rather buy something that has a fashion editor attached than a blogger, like anna dello russo's collaboration with macy's INC or taylor tomasi hill working with sigerson morrison...
i don't know, i think i trust their "filter" more...

i thought it's time to bring this thread back to life
while both editors do these collaborations i do think grace did something more on her design than ADR. i have nothing against ADR's works but i found her work is more what inspired her while grace is giving something more of her in the line

anna dello russo collaboration with H&M

Anna Dello Russo for H&M - in pictures
It's here! Anna Dello Russo's over-the-top, fabulously excessive accessories collection for H&M is finally available to swoon over. With a mission statement to 'turn every day into a fashion week day', ADR (as she's known in the business) unleashes her signature opulent glamour on the high street. Here's our round-up of the best buys

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/gallery/2012/sep/11/anna-dello-russo-for-h-m

grace coddington for balenciaga

GRACE CODDINGTON has designed a limited edition accessories line for Balenciaga. The US Vogue creative director has created a mini collection of bags and scarfs, inspired by her pet cat Pumpkin.

The pieces feature fashion illustrations hand-drawn by Coddington, which depict her cat modelling iconic Nicholas Ghesquière for Balenciaga looks from the past decade. The Papier tote bag, $1,000 (£633), is the collection's hero piece and comes in either ecru or bright pumpkin orange, with a black calfskin trim.
The Pumpkin collection will launch on September 6 to coincide with Vogue's Fashion's Night Out celebrations, and a very limited number will be available to buy in the Balenciaga New York and LA boutiques. 20 per cent of all proceeds will go towards The Animal Rescue Fund of The Hamptons.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/08...accessories-collection-for-fashions-night-out

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->