Fashion Trends of F/W 2023.24

Drusilla_

Reaction score
I'm seeing sharp shoulders all over Paris and neckties at a surprising number of shows, definitely what feels like more than usual (McQueen, Hermes, Dior, Valentino and Undercover - Louis Vuitton A/W 2023 feels like it started something), less "showy" clothes across all the fashion weeks too (the Guardian literally called it "blandstanding". Anyone else have any observations on this?

Another trend, if you can truly call it that I'm glad to see - the return of tailoring!

I feel like it's been swinging that way over the last two years, but this is the season it really felt like streetwear (the sweatshirt looking stuff) has breathed its last for now on the trend front. RIP logo sweatshirt bullsh*t, you won't be missed until the next time someone needs to make a lot of money without putting much effort into design. No sneakers and self-consciously weird shoes this time around, too, though whether that's a positive or a negative is up for debate, I appreciated the comfort of the sneaker era and don't look forward to 5 inch stilettos becoming required dressing-up material again.

edit: and I think it's as interesting to discuss what looks and trends are "going away" as the ones that are coming in!

It might be a different opinion, but I feel that oversized clothes are fading.

I feel like the ones we are seeing involve a lot more structure (YSL sharp shoulders) and skirts seem to be getting narrower.

I'm seeing sharp shoulders all over Paris and neckties at a surprising number of shows, definitely what feels like more than usual (McQueen, Hermes, Dior, Valentino and Undercover - Louis Vuitton A/W 2023 feels like it started something), less "showy" clothes across all the fashion weeks too (the Guardian literally called it "blandstanding". Anyone else have any observations on this?
If sharp shoulders are padded shoulders such as one finds in men's sportcoats, then yes I saw them in half the new shows. It is an unfortunate trend, especially as I am seeing it paired with flouncy bows for the Marcia Clark circa OJ look.

The blandstanding I am seeing the most has been in the colors at the FW23 shows. Endless pale greys, an unflattering color on almost anyone.

Thank you to the Chanel show, and its exquisite tweeds, for healing my eyes from the wan miasmas put forth by so many this year.

^large shoulders have been such a trend on the streetstyle/influencer circus since like, 2019 (those stupid Frankie Shop blazers come to mind), I'll take the padded ones over the floppy ones but I could do with them all shrinking a bit.

^large shoulders have been such a trend on the streetstyle/influencer circus since like, 2019 (those stupid Frankie Shop blazers come to mind), I'll take the padded ones over the floppy ones but I could do with them all shrinking a bit.
sadly the frankie shop always has one of the longest lines in soho so I don’t see this trend ending soon lol

Beige,Caramel,Camel,Choco Brown are trendy colors at the moment
And tbh I like those colors

I have a feeling jackets are on their way to getting shorter now, even Miu Miu A/W 2023 had some cropped ones which I haven't seen on a major runway in ages, reminded me a bit of their 00s runway looks. Plenty of long trendy ones still around, but short ones bring a new proportion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->