Your Best & Worst Collections of F/W 2023.24

loved
Bottega Veneta
Dries Van Noten
Junya Watanabe
and I also liked Gucci, against my expectations

I have a soft spot for Rick Owens because he's so uniquely himself, and this collection, again had things that I absolutely loved. I just feel that he pushes simultaneously too far and not far enough if that makes sense. Too out-there and not enough of those beautiful, wearable clothes that he does so brilliantly.

I also, like @Lola701 have a soft spot for Lutz Huelle, whose clothes I actually buy, and this collection was as good as any he's done for the last several years.
His collections are so consistent that I kinda feel he needs to do a really bad one in order to create a bit of tension. Also, I wasn't overwhelmed with his AZ Factory Collab but have seen the clothes in real and they look much better that I thought. As with his own brand (and unlike a lot of other brands) the clothes always gain in desirability in an actual store environment.

Balenciaga is a difficult one. I will defend Demna until the end, I have always liked his Balenciaga for the energy and attitude, and I'll take it any day over the Tory Burches etc of this world, but I agree that this wasn't the collection he should have done. There are still great things and I'm sure the piece are beautiful close-up ( if they arrive in the stores at all) but the energy was off, sadly. I hope he'll be able to get it right next time.

Best: Hermès, The Row, LEMAIRE, Michael Kors, Miu Miu, Dries Van Noten, Wales Bonner

Worst: Jil Sander, Burberry, NINA RICCI, Chanel, Fendi, Prada

loved
Bottega Veneta
Dries Van Noten
Junya Watanabe
and I also liked Gucci, against my expectations

I have a soft spot for Rick Owens because he's so uniquely himself, and this collection, again had things that I absolutely loved. I just feel that he pushes simultaneously too far and not far enough if that makes sense. Too out-there and not enough of those beautiful, wearable clothes that he does so brilliantly.

I also, like @Lola701 have a soft spot for Lutz Huelle, whose clothes I actually buy, and this collection was as good as any he's done for the last several years.
His collections are so consistent that I kinda feel he needs to do a really bad one in order to create a bit of tension. Also, I wasn't overwhelmed with his AZ Factory Collab but have seen the clothes in real and they look much better that I thought. As with his own brand (and unlike a lot of other brands) the clothes always gain in desirability in an actual store environment.

Balenciaga is a difficult one. I will defend Demna until the end, I have always liked his Balenciaga for the energy and attitude, and I'll take it any day over the Tory Burches etc of this world, but I agree that this wasn't the collection he should have done. There are still great things and I'm sure the piece are beautiful close-up ( if they arrive in the stores at all) but the energy was off, sadly. I hope he'll be able to get it right next time.

I liked Gucci too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->