Fashion week essentials, what do you always take with you?

Alura

Reaction score
For those who are lucky to visit all or some of the fashion weeks too, what are your fashion week essentials, what do you always take with you? I always make sure to layer and to take some accessories with me just in case I may end up at some cocktail event unprepared... Do you change during the day for different shows (if it's possible, which is mostly not the case). Let's help eachother :smile:.

Well lemme tell you, If I was going to go to a show, which is not happening anytime soon :lol: I'd take:

*Some comfy flats, just in case I get sick of the heels
*Water, tons of water, if not, I'll bring a mini bottle of white wine to kick up the season :lol:
*Sunglasses, just in case I walk out of a show that sucked, don't want to be embarrased knowing I was part of it :lol:
*Cash, not a credit card, I would buy the whole show if I love it, and then I will have to be American Express's beeyotch :lol:

That's all I can think of for now, probably I will get back at you when I do my own show, which I know I will have to add some vicodine and vodka to the list in order to survive it... :rofl: :ninja:

Alejandro said:
*Sunglasses, just in case I walk out of a show that sucked, don't want to be embarrased knowing I was part of it :lol:

Essential. :rofl:

Honestly-- a smile. Not much that I don't have w/ me everyday. Wear what suits you daily and have fun.
For the most part, it's like going to the theater for 8 minutes (but waiting for 45). During the day, they're much more business related than the evening shows, w/ much less hype (at least in NY)

Big notebook, pens, diary, business cards, change of shoes, water......pretty much what I take out every day :huh: I don't do tons of shows as for me they're a bit of a waste of time, I prefer seeing collections in the showrooms and it saves the crazy dashing from one end of the city like a maniac. I prefer to do things more leisurely!

And I always make sure to have a few 'taxi' telephone numbers with me to rush from one to another if that's the case... The big magazines have their own cars/chauffeurs, thos lucky people!

And I always make sure to have a few 'taxi' telephone numbers with me to rush from one to another if that's the case... The big magazines have their own cars/chauffeurs, those lucky people!

wow...you guys are serious...
i just bring a pen... :lol:

then i just mark up the run-of-show with notes...

oh...and i bring my invite... :D :wink:

softgrey said:
wow...you guys are serious...
i just bring a pen... :lol:

then i just mark up the run-of-show with notes...

oh...and i bring my invite... :D :wink:

I have to admit that I'm becoming less fussy about it as well. I remember I was very nervous for the first big show I visited. But I still try to match my clothing with the designer(s) I will see... maybe that's just strange haha.

but alura...if you go to more than one show a day...isn't that a lot of stress...?

do you see other people doing that?...no one does that here...
where are you going?..what city?...

I don't go to catwalk shows assuch - but I do go to fashion trade shows and just got back from one.

My essentials are mainly practical - I do have an outfit for each day and maybe one or two for the evening.

You may end up having a look in the stores while you are there - I'd recommend comfortable shoes (and keep them in your bag while you are at the show - you'll thank me for this). For shoes that are not so comfortable, get insoles or in the case of open sandals - I recommend Scholl Party feet - they are silicone pads that go under the balls of your feet.

If you are planning on shopping - aways take a much bigger case than you think you'll need - or a folding holdall.

It gets very dry in the shows - take a big bottle of water, lipbalm and hand cream. I find my hair goes very flyaway - I take with me a bottle of the anti static stuff you spray on lingerie - it works very well for hair! Don't forget your notebook, camera and lots of spare batteries.

One- I only do two shows a day, sorry but the rush of
"who is hot" doesn't do anything for me creatively- so I turn down more than I accept.

I went to the fiasco that was Imitation of Christ during Spring showing in NYC- and what a waste of my time, so for the Fall showing I will be just strict- no more accepting invites from showroom 7. This may hurt me in the long run, but I'd much rather be sketching than being drained by crap. :ninja: :innocent:

@ my essentials- shades, big beautiful bag (my own design), pumas, cute sandels (my own design), scarf (depending on weather), my invite, and my blackberry that way I can e-mail the horrible stuff and never get caught. I also use it to take notes. I really only go to these things to confirm the trend reports I've been given, to make sure what I have in production is in line with what's going on, all while trying to remain individual. B)

Lady Muck said:
I don't go to catwalk shows assuch - but I do go to fashion trade shows and just got back from one.

Trade shows drain me of all life....have you been to PV? Oh lord, I can only last 20 mins there before having to hit the bar :shock: I can't recommend shoes comfy enough or clothes cool enough for that show.......

The only trade show I can handle is Pitti Uomo in Florence cos there's lots of handsome boys to make me forget my boredom :innocent:

stilista said:
Trade shows drain me of all life....have you been to PV? Oh lord, I can only last 20 mins there before having to hit the bar :shock: I can't recommend shoes comfy enough or clothes cool enough for that show.......

The only trade show I can handle is Pitti Uomo in Florence cos there's lots of handsome boys to make me forget my boredom :innocent:

I just came back from Bread and Butter and Premier in Berlin - I don't do PV. I might go to Pitti next season coz a brand I'm working with is launching there next time.

softgrey said:
but alura...if you go to more than one show a day...isn't that a lot of stress...?

do you see other people doing that?...no one does that here...
where are you going?..what city?...

It happens in Milan. I know people who do it but they attend only two on a day. Generally it's close to impossible unless you are Anna Wintour. What I meant was that I pick my (personal) favourite designer of the day, or the one I want to make a good impression with (first time attending etc) and try to dress according to their style that morning (of course 95% is between my ears, it just makes me feel better and doesn't make much sense). I'm a newbie anyway.
Of course I won't throw on something logo-mania. Can you imagine going to a Chanel show with everything CC :ninja:? What you do see is the clientele/staff wearing the designer's clothes and perfect make-up, they always look too immaculate next to the tired journalists and stylists haha.

stilista said:
Trade shows drain me of all life....have you been to PV? Oh lord, I can only last 20 mins there before having to hit the bar :shock:

New item: a discrete bottle of wodka for tradeshows :wink:.

Alura said:
For those who are lucky to visit all or some of the fashion weeks too, what are your fashion week essentials, what do you always take with you? I always make sure to layer and to take some accessories with me just in case I may end up at some cocktail event unprepared... Do you change during the day for different shows (if it's possible, which is mostly not the case). Let's help eachother :smile:.

How do you get to attend the shows??? I wanna go!!!!! (one year) :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->