Fendi S/S 2016 Milan

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised. It feels modern and wearable but still with an edge and quality materials. I loved the blue at the end, plus the details are amazing.

I agree that they should be a top house with Dior and LV but they have a bit more mystery. When the average person hears Fendi they probably do think of some high fashion house but that's about it, they don't know as much about it like LV and Dior (LV for their logo, Dior since it's been around forever). Hopefully they can use that edge they have to establish it a bit more, the haute fourrure presentation and this wonderful RTW line seem like a good step in the right direction. I always felt Fendi could be more than what is is now, it has all the makings of a great house but in the past 10 years at least, it really hasn't developed as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a disappointing collection from Fendi. I know Fendi summers are weak, but this was wet.
I saw one good leather jacket that might work well on someone apart from a model, the rest I thought unflattering. If it's unflattering it needs a good reason why - what has been played with? What incredible new technique has been used? I didn't see anything outstanding.

I like it. Some of the voluminous shapes aren't appealing on everything, but most things look great with it.

LOVE! I adore the leather flower details and all the ribbing!

I've never been a fan of Fendi but I actually like this collection. The red pieces stand out to me the most.

that's odd isn't it, i agree. i don't really feel that people are into this brand, no idea what their sales are like? is it just the fur that people are buying? :angry::blink:

They are over 1 billion in terms of sales if i remember well. It's the third most important house at LVMH.
I'll speak for myself as i'm buying the Rtw (not the furs) but in France, it's still not so known. I mean, everybody knows the brand because of Karl and the logo he created and people knows the brand but their fashion is so "edgy" for such a "commercial" name that the mass is not so into it.
I know that the brand is very major in italy and internationally. An people are buying the fur, it's actually weird to believe. It's known that Deneuve is a Fendi lover!
They have quite a good position compare to Vuitton. They still maintain their prestige. I don't know who is buying their logo pieces apart mens as their leather bags are so successful.

I feel they don't put enough effort on the brand... Maybe that's the reason of its success? Although you can't even know if it's a success actually... I think no one craves for Fendi, it's there, but you can live without it. Very weird.

For years, the brand had a bigger image than what it was because of Karl. They actually started TO DO fashion after the Fendi bag. The world was interested in them and Karl was/is totally free in terms of creativity.
One of my favorite fashion show ever was their fall 2000. It represents what Fendi stands for IMO.
The weirdest collection i've ever seen was also Fendi with their spring 1999.

But what you're saying is true. It's a great name, with good success and their size allows them to be creative and fearless but no one is really craving for them. They elevate the fashion conversation because on the other side, Karl is doing the opposite in terms of fashion at Chanel.

Maybe they like that position. The family still own 10% of the brand and all the important people involved in the success of the brand are still there (Karl, Syliva and some Fendi sisters).

Stunning collection!! Karl's collections for Fendi have been better than his collections for Chanel recently!! I love the color palette and the decoration on the pieces are amazing!!

they couldve done a better runway design for this, it was rly boring
the clothes were good, there are some pieces i adore like the denim and the embroidered ones
the shoes tho feels bland and were a little dated imo

the collection is really great, especially for the blue looks ! im not a fan of the red outfits but thats one my favourites fendi shows, even if it was boring in terms of presentation...

Love all the blue, navy and black. The details are also exquisite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->