Flourishes & Finery

:woot: lucky you, diorcouture :heart:
if you can't take shots
maybe you could tell us if there is any padding on the inside of the clothes? there are some odd shapes in there... like the sleeves are so perfectly shaped, not seem to lie flat on the wearer's arms... seem to be lifted up by something :blush:

^^I'll definitely touch everything I can get my hands on and I'll take notes and report back here!

Just got back from the Balenciaga trunk show. Disappointed they didn't have the hand painted latex pieces....

It was basically showing quite a bit of what will be sold in stores. It was really impressive.

I saw these dresses. It's very interesting...the black fabric is like adhered to scuba-like foam fabric which gives it its incredible shape.
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

Saw these coats. They were so gorgeous. They felt light, yet heavy at the same time. So fascinating.
00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg

This dress is SOOO gorgeous. Same foam construction techniques used for the black part of the dress. It has such an amazing shape.
00080m.jpg

Saw a variety of this skirt design. The top part of the skirt is, I believe, latex, the bottom is like a menswear wool and it has latex piping.
00090m.jpg

Saw these jackets and pants. The pants are a combination of the thin menswear wools and latex. The jacket is very impressive as well. Holds its shape amazingly. You don't change the shape of the jacket, they jacket changes the shape of you!
00150m.jpg

They had a different version of these draped tops...there was no velvet used.
00260m.jpg

They had the dress version of this, no latex coat, but the dress was really beautiful. Simply, graphic, draped gorgeously...the boots were the same shape but in a dark leather.
00290m.jpg

The shoes were really interesting. The stilettos were incredibly fierce looking and the ones with the 'outer space crystal' on the heel were especially eye catching.
00150m.jpg

The jewelry was stunning.
(style)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks so much for the report , diorcouture :buzz:
that's so interesting to hear
i remember in the video he says like updating the classics with new materials
and also reading in an old book, you don't need a body when you wear balenciaga, we make one for you :heart:

i was at the store today buying so many kinds of interfacing
the sew-in kind, the iron-on
this reminds me of the foam he uses in the clothes exactly !! :o in fact i saw some that were like foam..
closer to synthetic felt though

The clothes sound amazing. I'm guessing the fusion of the scuba material and outer fabrics is what gave the clothes the lightness that Cathy Horyn talked about in her review.

I wish I knew if and when the trunk show will be in NY. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

^^The trunk show was actually in NY before it came here to LA....I'm sorry I didn't know about it! I would have told you in an instant!

bag handles
washed out metallic suede

Picture2-3.jpg
Picture1-6.jpg

http://jellybones.net/blog/

Dior Haute Couture
02m.jpg

03m.jpg

style.com

Lacroix Haute couture
04m.jpg

Valentino haute couture
01m.jpg

style.com

The last Gautier took my breath away when I saw it. So evocative.

Christian Lacroix Haute Couture
071008.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"