fly magazine

Milage

Reaction score
i heard about a magazine on dvd that was supposed to come out for NY fashion week... it is supposed to be called "fly magazine"! i tried to find some informations about it online but i just wasnt lucky...

does anyone have some informations on this for me? how can i get it? how much is it? has anyone seen it? i want to know everything about it!

so, thank you in advance,

i am sure SOMEBODY here can help me! :wink:

"i like to move it, move it
i like to move it, move it
you like to MOVE IT!"

here's the site for it:
http://www.insidefly.com/

and here's a trailer:
http://www.digitalclout.com/insidefly/qt7.html

FLY which is the first moving-image fashion magazine on DVD. We hope you will include something about FLY on your blog.

FLY's Zero Issue includes 140 mins of film content - including 14 short fashion films by established and emerging photographers / filmmakers featuring designers such as Yves Saint Laurent, Boudicca, Zac Posen, Calvin Klein, Cloak, Y3 etc. In addition there are also interviews and documentaries, music videos and the loop (30 mins of cool film clips from FLY playing to mixed music from Output recordings).
FLY sells at places like Colette (Paris), Moss (New York), Seven New York, 10 Corso Como (Milan), Dover Street Market (London), Surface2Air (Paris), Conran Shop, Stereohype.com, Cooper Hewitt Museum etc.

Here are some quotes / press on FLY:
"FLY is so right so intelligent and beautiful. Hyper modern with all the right vision. Many people have attempted this in the past and regularly those who work on stills do not necessarily understand how to make imagery which is cinematic, with movement and tension and atmosphere. There is such a successful feel-to FLY....beautiful quality" Boudicca

"the high-end production values and the spirit of experimentation and freedom with the material that FLY encourages of its filmmakers lends the short segments a more high brow quality than a mere advertisement – imagine what would happen if you saw a Marc Jacobs collection filmed as though it were part of a David Lynch movie....with a total running time of just over 2 hours, it's a worthwhile investment for the fashion-forward media junkie....or for anyone who wants to be the first to collect something that could turn out to be a pioneering direction for fashion editorials" Fashion Wire Daily / Yahoo Fashion News

"Fashion fans are growing bored with the countless, undistinguishable arty glossies that litter upscale newsstands. This quarterly ups the ante by taking form on DVD; a creative union between filmmakers, photographers, designers, and artists, FLY contains documentaries, music videos, interviews, and naturally, fashion films" The Intelligence Group's Trend Central

"FLY teams up both emerging and established artists, animators, and photographers with a single designer's current collection to create smooth, compelling, and conceptual film footage. FLY's slick production quality and 140 minutes of fashion films, interviews, documentaries, and music videos make it look like a seasoned magazine on film" JC Report

This is conventional storytelling by fashion standards, but the format has changed. The quarterly magazine, called FLY, is presented on a DVD, which adds to the traditional two-dimensional paper format the components of motion, dialogue and music...The first issue offers a slick and seamless presentation of 14 collections and numerous features" New York Times

I have all of their issues, they are truly amazing... I am waiting for the next one!

Thank you so much for the new link, I was trying to find it and was disappointed when the old link didn't work. Is there a place where I can purchase all the previous videos/issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svtlana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->