Food As Art...

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
There's a cake thread. I don't think I found a food thread. I searched "food" in Art & Design, and that's the only search word I could think of. :blush:

Well, the only art food I can think of beside cakes is SUSHI. :woot:

23u4cg3.png

blizzardboy.net

10hmvd4.png

blog.2modern.com

Haha, the panda one is so cute!^_^
Here's a person out of a watermelon and orange-there's a lot more but it's kinda late and I'm in my Lazy Mode:
147241688a71cc55eee.jpg

tarahlw on flickr

sort of turning it the other way around..
art as food (i think)

this is all crocheted with yarn...

oiztc3.jpg

2jaxa1i.jpg

by nicole gastonguay
2md1em9.jpg

etsy.com | core77

gius, those are great! :lol: I imagine they would collect dust in my grandmother's basement. Love the TV dinner!

pjlighthouse.com | sanfrancisco.grubstreet.com | 3.bp.blogspot.com | s-ec-sm.buzzfeed.com | photobucket.com | imageshack via maverickchen

Source-----www.pjlighthouse.com

Attachments

• japanese-food-art-01.jpg
    japanese-food-art-01.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
  • japanese-food-art-02.jpg
    japanese-food-art-02.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 0
when i saw the title of this thread the first thing i thought of was the incredible Ferran Adrià and his creations..:heart: perhaps more accurately 'food as science' but i think there is art to it as well..to me it is art.. ^_^

a few examples..

generar_img.php

elbulli.com

chez_pim_bulli_beets.jpg

greg.org

189-1-0070-3.jpg

rhonealpes-tourisme.com

06.jpg

tangmeister.com

i'm convinced the man is a genius..:woot:

adorefaith that's really beautiful :wub:

it's one reason to watch Iron Chef ;-) you can learn some of the techniques there

ohh thanks for reminding me of the crochet ones, i saw it ages ago on etsy, i'll favorite the seller now :smile:

crochet burger coaster :smile:
il_430xN.83099677.jpg

il_430xN.83099564.jpg

il_430xN.82549395.jpg

il_430xN.83092099.jpg

etsy stripeyblue,mickey88, nadiasplace

adorefaith, I love the 3rd and 4th one. And what is that 2nd one... a fruit roll up? :lol: And that 3rd one, I can't tell if it's a cherry that has caramel laced on top of it.

WebUrbanist.com has some great links to photographers who use all kinds of foods to take spectacular pictures.

Flickr | ph. Elffers & Freymann

artnet.com | ph. Akiko Ida & Pierre Javelle

I love the construction workers checking out the crack in the eclair. :lol:

carlwarner.com

Carl Warner has photographed over 70 photos using food. I couldn't post them all, but I posted the goodies from the first page. :flower:

Noma was recently voted the worlds 3rd best restaurant by Restaurant Magazine.

noma 01.jpg Noma 02.jpg
noma.dk/press

I tried to locate an image of a dish I had there.. unfortunately it wasn't on their site..
basically it was burnt malt (which looks like dirt) placed on a huge stone with little new shoots of carrots, radish etc placed in the burnt malt..
like a mini vegetable garden..

it makes me wonder how to eat these things sometimes... do they explain it to you? lol. like making sure to dip the 'cracker' in the sauce, or to eat the little sculptures in one mouthful, to get the full effect. they don't look like the food that they come from anymore.

i like the left one^ Eating silver and gold...

Yes, if there is a certain way that they think one should go about it..or say if one of the main ingredients is rather uncommon.. such as the 'dirt like looking' malt.. they explained what they had done to it to make it look the way it did..

312_wt42i6dbf0.jpg

aboutmyarea.co.uk

foodart1.jpg

foodart2.jpg

foodart3.jpg

foodart4.jpg

foodart5.jpg

foodart7.jpg

foodart9.jpg

foodart10.jpg

toxel.com

a211_f1.jpg