Freema Agyeman

scriptgirl

Reaction score
Gorgeous English actress-half Ghanian, half Iranian. She will be Martha Jones, the new sidekick to Doctor Who. She also used to be on the soap "Crossroads".

Article from the Daily Mail:

mHead2.gif

05/07/06 - TV & showbiz section
Exit Billie as Doctor Who gets first black side-kick
by RICHARD SIMPSON, Daily Mail
A black assistant is to step aboard the Tardis for the first time in Doctor Who's 43-year history.
The Time Lord's current sidekick, Billie Piper, will be replaced by little-known soap actress Freema Agyeman in the next series of the hit sci-fi drama.
Try our Doctor Who quiz here
Miss Agyeman, 27, who has a Ghanaian father and Iranian mother, will play the character Martha Jones opposite David Tennant.
Viewers have already seen the actress in the current series, but as a different character. In last Saturday's episode she played Adeola, who met a grisly end at the hands of the Cybermen.
Miss Piper, 23, who will bow out of the show this Saturday, has given a critically-acclaimed performance over the last two series and has several new television projects lined up.
For Miss Agyeman, the highlight of her career to date has been playing Lola Wise in Crossroads in 2001. She also appeared in Casualty, The Bill and Silent Witness.
She will earn an estimated £80,000 for the 13-episode series - half as much as Miss Piper did. Miss Agyeman was born on the Woodberry Down housing estate in Finsbury Park, North London.
Her parents separated when she was young and neighbours spoke last night of how her father was 'never around'.
Her mother Azar, brother Domenic and sister Leila lived in a cramped three-bedroomed flat. Despite the rundown nature of the estate - with dozens of derelict, boarded-up flats - neighbours have spoken of how she 'lit up' their lives.
One said: 'She's a beautiful, happy-go-lucky girl who lit up the estate. That's quite an achievement considering what this estate is like.
'She was never hanging around in gangs like the others, but was as good as gold. Not a lot of people achieve what she has done from this estate and we are all delighted for her. She's a star.'
Miss Agyeman was a hard worker and excelled academically at Our Lady's Convent High School in Stamford Hill, North London.
She graduated with a BA Honours degree in performing arts and drama from Middlesex University and also studied acting at the Anna Scher Theatre school in Islington.
Last night Signy Henderson, who taught her drama at university, said: 'Freema had a maturity as an actress we rarely used to see. She had a willingness to work relentlessly. Without wanting to stereotype, she certainly has that diligent ethic that you associate with people who have had it tough and had to make their own way.'
Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies said: 'The search for a new companion had been under way for some time when I first saw Freema. She had come in to audition for the part of Adeola in series two.
'Watching her filming confirmed what an exciting talent she was, so we called her back to audition with David for the role of the new companion. It was a sensational combination, and her range, presence and charm blew us all away.' Miss Agyeman said: 'I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd actually become the new companion. It still hasn't quite sunk in.'

As Martha Jones

Credit Daily Mail, Yahoo
With her Dr. Who costar, David Tennant
2d936kg.jpg

43cdrtx.jpg

2qxx95l.jpg

From GQ Magazine, April 2007
42l7fw3.jpg

34dk7yq.jpg

Marie Claire
4csixxk.jpg
2qx8aw4.jpg

Screen Caps The One Show
4g6qb2s.jpg

2prxwdw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Getty, Scanpix, Empics:

At the Doctor WHo Screening
35me63m.jpg
2naimpl.jpg

2lk5pa8.jpg

MOBO Awards:
3ydpvt5.jpg
2ivz9j8.jpg

At the British Soap Awards
2cwkkdx.jpg

I think Freema is a really gorgeous girl. I love her on Doctor Who, Martha is a great character - I love her with the Doctor! David Tennant is quite cute as well isn't he ^_^ I think Freema is just now starting to get into her style - I think she's dressing alot cuter lately.

Image Credit | Wireimage

More from the Dr. Who Premiere, this time with DALEKS ^_^

Image Credit | Viewimages

Freema is in UK Glamour this month. I think she looks lovely in the silver dress - I wish the editorial were longer she's quite photogenic. She almost looks like Jaunel Mackenzie in that shot.

Image Credit | Ohnotheydidnt

In NY, filming Carrie Diaries

article-0-12559282000005DC-826_634x933.jpg

article-0-125592BA000005DC-563_634x854.jpg

article-2120670-1255B1D1000005DC-952_306x899.jpg
article-2120670-12559300000005DC-366_306x899.jpg

article-2120670-1255B1C9000005DC-799_634x986.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

FREEMA AGYEMAN at Apologia Play After-party in London 08/03/2017

credit: hawtcelebs

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics