Gah, I hate shoe shopping.

Von

Reaction score
Im putting together my fall wardrobe.
I wish I could just got barefoot everywhere!

Im looking for some type of boots this season.
Cowboy boots?
An original spin off on chelsea boots?
Cuban heels?

I want something midsize hight, super distressed, not ultra pointy toed, but not flat either, and only brown, black, or white

I tried on a gorgeous pair of Cloak boots, which I might purchase.
Also, someone posted some distressed undercover boots in the mens footware thread that looked nice.

Any help?

cant help you in that but you sound funny :lol: .
i'm not that fond of shoes either..not very human of me maybe :mellow: .

Hmm...my suggestions:
3034-183180-p.jpg

DSquared2.

827-183185-p.jpg

DSquared2

If you really want distressed cowboy boots, then you should get vintage ones. Vintage Frye boots are also nice.

Know the feeling, I have had an awful day of shopping for boots, came home empty handed and in a bad mood :cry:

Im a UK size 3½, really struggling to get those half sizes..... does anyone have any suggestions of who does half sizes? I can usually get away with a 3 if need be. Im really looking for a pair of chocolate brown leather ankle boots (they are for work).......?????? Please help me before I make a desperation purchase!

Well.. this problem spreads overall the shopping experience for me ... I'm most of the time not in the "browsing" mood .. I've got a clear idea in my mind and cant find what i want, which leads me to frustration ... shoes, its the worst ... I think I have not find a single show that I've liked much ... there's always something ... I'll be doomed to be wearing riding boots and converse til I die

Fiorentini & Baker @ Net-A-Porter:

11942_index.jpg

(pic from net-a-porter.com)

I could've sworn I was the only one on TFS with this incapability. Me and shoes are no good... they don't like me. Also, my feet are pretty narrow which causes them to occasionally fall off my foot, very funny sight :doh: One of the reasons I end up wearing my converse .. let's say .. 60% of the time, the rest of my shoes will make me die with blisters. I can't agree with the motto beauty hurts after 60 minutes on 3" heels anymore.

Sorry, can't help you but I wish you the best of luck :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalista said:
Fiorentini & Baker @ Net-A-Porter:

(pic from net-a-porter.com)

Oh.. I like those ... but the cool thing about Costa Rica .. leathergoods are easy to find ... I have mine custom-made. :P

Ok.

Trendoid:
I like the first Dsquared2 alot, but without those ugly studs on the back, and I really dont know about the buckle. Hmmm. Other then that, its a step in the right direction. Dont like the second ones at all though.

Kalista:
They look nice, how tall are they though, the look massive.

Thanks guys.

Von said:
Kalista:
They look nice, how tall are they though, the look massive.
Those are really nice :heart:

I believe NAP only sells women's fashions, though, so those would be ladies. Not that you can't just get a larger size, but something to keep in mind. NAP is usually pretty good about listing the size of the shaft and such. Here's the link :flower:

http://net-a-porter.com

Hmm, I think you should get the Cloak boots (though I haven't seen that particular item of theirs), but these CCP boots Don bought are pretty nice.

Have also seen nice ones lately from Fiorintini + Baker and To Boot New York.

tangerine said:
Hmm, I think you should get the Cloak boots (though I haven't seen that particular item of theirs), but these CCP boots Don bought are pretty nice.

Have also seen nice ones lately from Fiorintini + Baker and To Boot New York.

I really like those.

But yeah, I probably will just get the cloak boots when I go to ny.

What about something that has a little slouch to it?

GASP! :shock:

my heart has hit the floor, that any of the tfsers would hate shoe shopping or shoes :cry:

Oria said:

my heart has hit the floor, that any of the tfsers would hate shoe shopping or shoes :cry:

i hate it cause there are no shoes to shop.. most shoes are either ugly, or banal or uncomfortable or ridiculously expensive.. its not as if i hate shoes as a 'concept' , on the contrary seems that i'm looking for perfection..

actually i end buying the same style maybe in two or three pairs.. i wish i could see your creations oria, this could solve my problem :wink:

I'm no help.. You said no ultra pointy shoes and that's the only kind I'll wear nowadays...!

Though I am on board with the whole trying to find the perfect shoe. I think I'll just marry a cobbler..

Oria said:

It makes me sad too :[

Im seriously at the point where Im going to sketch something up and have it custom made.

My wardrobe is fairly plain, as in the colours are subtle, nothing is rediculously out there, no over the top glam.

Dior Homme gold cuban heels would look gross with my wardrobe, sure, I LIKE them. They just wont go.

I think I am cursed with sneakers my whole life.
I feel like Justin Timberlike wearing Nike Dunks or Converse everyday.

Tracey ross birkin boots! I have them in white and love them, their even comfertable. The white is very hard to keep clean but the black is a good choice, I want to get the black ones eventually when I have the $$. I'm sure they'll be distressed over time :smile:

http://www.traceyross.com/shoes/shoe_16.html

Lena said:
i hate it cause there are no shoes to shop.. most shoes are either ugly, or banal or uncomfortable or ridiculously expensive.. its not as if i hate shoes as a 'concept' , on the contrary seems that i'm looking for perfection..

actually i end buying the same style maybe in two or three pairs.. i wish i could see your creations oria, this could solve my problem :wink:

i know i have been promising for some time now, it's like my babies have to be let out in the world. but i do promise to deliver soon or you can take my shoe license away. :lol:

oh and i know what you mean, i feel the same way which is why i go out of my way to find really obscure shoe designs, colours, when not imagining my own. :innocent: but imagining and producing are different things and i am nearly there on the other part.

Von said:
It makes me sad too :[

Im seriously at the point where Im going to sketch something up and have it custom made.

My wardrobe is fairly plain, as in the colours are subtle, nothing is rediculously out there, no over the top glam.

Dior Homme gold cuban heels would look gross with my wardrobe, sure, I LIKE them. They just wont go.

I think I am cursed with sneakers my whole life.
I feel like Justin Timberlike wearing Nike Dunks or Converse everyday.

custom made shoes isn't a bad idea. and i pray you will be be banished to trainers all your life. for some it's ok, the trainers but i can tell you know shoes. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->