Gareth Pugh S/S 10 New York / Paris

Not Thinking About Time
Reaction score
http://showstudio.com/project/garethpughss2010
SPRING/SUMMER 2010

In advance of the unveiling of his collection for S/S 2010 in Paris, fashion designer Gareth Pugh collaborates once again with filmmaker Ruth Hogben to lay out the inspiration behind his forthcoming show in a unique video piece. Each of these films represents one of four elements - earth, wind, water and fire - presented simultaneously as an interactive cube and set against a soundscape devised by Matthew Stone. A prequel rather than a preview, this piece sets the mood for Pugh's forthcoming collection through a combination of art, fashion and moving image.
Showstudio

This is the video he showed in NYC but the proper show is in Paris. I hope its ok that I put both cities down because both are involved.

Am I the only person who sees only a large cube, a not very interesting one I might add?

I love him and his clothes, but that video doesn't make any sense to me :blink:
thanks for posting :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I dont get it either but I felt like posting anyway and then if people do get it they can enlighten us.

I thought it was maybe my browser that's not playing anything, but if that stupid cube is all there is, then Gareth Pugh is buying too much into his own hype.

If you wait, you'll see a video start playing. You can use the arrows to get to the other sides of the cube. I didn't have the patience to watch the videos to completion though.

If you wait, you'll see a video start playing. You can use the arrows to get to the other sides of the cube. I didn't have the patience to watch the videos to completion though.

Ah, thanks! I watched it so others don't have to - v e r y s l o w moving images of a black ball turning into white, a shadow of a church with some geometric light and a vague image of a goth queen, some shadows of a guy jumping with some chiffon material around him, some shadows of people falling. I'd be embarrassed to put this up as a first year art student project....it's so..... NOTHING.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

I thought it was maybe my browser that's not playing anything, but if that stupid cube is all there is, then Gareth Pugh is buying too much into his own hype.

as always? no?

I'm too dumb to understand this "fashion show".

listen i'm all for irreverent and esoteric presentations and films but it would have been nice to see some actual work. the whole point of film presentations is to give a visualisation to the clothes but alas i didn't see anything relevant to the clothes.

i like gareth's work but sometimes i feel like he can take himself too seriously and do some pretty pretentious things.

Thanks to the internet I have the attention span of a gnat. I watched 3 seconds of the video (which I thought was generous) before switching off.

Now I just think he's a prententious tw*t. Just show your clothes Gareth! In the words of Danny Glover - I'm too old for this sh*t.

it's a trailer ...
a boring trailer, indeed !

so gareth pugh is in the whole video system, now ?
more than the video system. the trailer makes me wanna say it's even in the cinema business that his things are gonna happen.

just wish there'll be a presentation + the video.

idk ...

In the words of Danny Glover - I'm too old for this sh*t.

love that !

That video presentation was a wee bit rubbish - things like this make me believe the future is bright for anyone who still uses pencils and paper!

Sometimes experimentation doesn't work; good on anyone for having a go, but it doesn't mean that everything is interesting enough to be released. Sometimes you can't beat more traditional ways of getting your message across. If your message is strong enough, you might not need to reinvent the way in which you can express it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeseniaxz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->