General Dior Questions

MaxHavoc

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!! I have been lusting after the Dior black leather Saddle bag with the gold hardware. What are your opinions on this bag??? Is it a classic style or am I going to shelve it in a season or 2??? I really love the shape and the size is perfect for an everyday black bag. Any other ideas for a decent sized black bag for under $1000??? Please no LV.......I am ssssoooooo tired of LVs (and the knockoffs), I'm going to store my LV pieces for a while.

It's a classic!!

I lovelovelove that bag!! :woot: :woot:

Buy it! :woot: :lol:

But you will still have trouble with knockoffs. I swear there are almost as many dior saddlebag knockoffs as LV. If you want to go with a knockoff free bag maybe furla or chanel? They don't make quite so many chanel knockoffs and I've never seen a furla one.

I have the Punk saddle and I like it,so go get it :wink: :heart:

Welcome Btw ! :woot:

Thank ladies. I think you've all talked me into buying it. :lol: The Lady Dior are very pretty. I may have trouble with it as I find it impossible for me to 'carry' a purse. I need something I can schlepp over my shoulder.

Thanks Craig, actually this is the one I'm eyeing......

10454532_main.jpg

If a Kelly or Birkin is to Hermes, and to Vuitton it's their classic monogram, Dior's is the Saddle Bag. Though I'd prefer a vintage one, this bag is timeless because it dates back to the early days of Dior and John has been reinventing it ever since. Also you should be lucky you can buy those in Dior boutiques because way back then it was only made for couture clients, upon order.

Here is a retrospect of John's Saddle Update:

Well I did it!!! I happened to be at Caesars for a business dinner this evening so I stopped in the Dior Boutique. They had the bag that Craig posted with the white stitching and they had 'mine' with silver hardware. I'm a gold kind of girl so the sales gal said she was sold out but could have one sent from another store. She wanted to charge me for the shipping!!! I've never been charged shipping for a store to get me an item from another of their own stores. :angry: I came home and ordered it from eluxury, not only did I get free shipping (gotta love those internet codes), but I'll save a small bundle in sales tax too. :wink:

Thanks for the 'Saddle Story' ignitioned. That's way cool, I'm printing your post. :wink:

Originally posted by MaxHavoc@Aug 28th, 2003 - 2:37 am
Thanks for the 'Saddle Story' ignitioned. That's way cool, I'm printing your post. :wink:
Thank you! :flower:

Great you have a saddle bag, but I'm looking for a couture vintage one. So far no luck. :unsure: :wink:

Brilliant, brilliant! MaxHavoc, I hope you parade your new saddlebag in classic under-arm style;-) They are cool.

Ignitioned, that's a fabulous illustration on the history of the coveted little Dior bag. One day I really want to write a big coffee table book on handbags, with lots of things just like that picture of yours in it. Very informative in a fun fashion!

Craig :P

congrats MAX!!! :flower:

i got 3 saddles myself :
-the first denim logo with gold (and i still love it!)
-a pink bracelet ostrich one
-the punk medium saddle pouch IGNI posted with the badges and stuff

the shape is great, u will not regret it :flower:

What do you think, gals?

It's made from Springbok fur so i was told. I don't even k now what kind of animal is that :lol:
I've seen the real one, so cuteeee.... :woot:

See the white fur right in the middle of the flap? It hink that's what makes this bag exotic :P

It's nice, a bit bohemian because of the material.
It wouldn't be my choice though, it think it's a bit dull...... :blush:

Oh, this is a springbok btw :wink:

springbok.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrblg2020
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->