• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Getting Rid of Tan Lines

muffy

Reaction score
Sorry if there are topics like this already, but I searched and couldn't find any...

Anyway, I got an accidental tan last summer (I have very fair skin and a tan looks horrible on me) and it's faded all over my body, except for my arms. It's been like that for several months now and I'm wondering what's the best way to get rid of it. I'm hoping it's not sun damage or something. I'll go to the dermatologist if I have to, but I'm wondering if there's anything I can try at home first?

Why not try exfoliating your skin with a loofa (sp?), epsom salt and lemon juice made into a paste, that should help!

shower daily, Exfoliate gently 2-3 a week, put alot of lotion on. It should really be gone soon.

I have pale skin, but I joined swimteam and after 3 months, there are these VERY distinguishable tan lines, like brown and white, in the shape of my bathing suit. Can anyone tell me how to even out my skin again? (I have to wear a backless dress in 2 days from now so what's the emergency treatment?) And then how can I get back my natural skin tone? It's so hard now because it's summer!

^ I'd say you need some kind of salon professional, and who knows whether they can really fix it ... my advice is to wear that backless dress and be proud of everything you've accomplished on the swim team ^_^

PS I once had a most interesting sunburn from attending two outdoor weddings in one day as a teenager. You could see my string of pearls, the bow ties in my spaghetti straps, and the ruffle across the top of my sundress. I felt dressed even when I wasn't ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a self tanning lotion could help. Try Clinique or Helena Rubinstein:flower:

Emergency treatment-I'd say go for the tanning bed as well as Mystic. You'd need to go backless for it in order for it to work though.

How to get back your natural skin tone-I'd wear a string bikini top or a bandeau top with a thin back and use plenty of oil to even things out. Usually it takes one good day at the beach for me to even out everything from the tan lines I get.

If your super crunched for time and want a quick even tan just go to a tanning salon and get a spray on tan

shiseido self tanners work best for me! but i went for a "quick tan" at a nearby salon but it only lasted for 5 to 6 days!
well, nothing beats sun bathing

Fading tanlines

Does anyone know of any quick ways I can fade my tanlines at home? I don't mind a tanned complexion but tans never fade on me!!! So after years, i've accumlated the perfect farmer's tanlines on my chest and arms. I have to perferm in a show in a few weeks where I have to dance in my underwear and I would really like to have an even skin tone.
Thanks!

Do you moisturize everyday? I ask this because it seems like in the summer, when I don't moisturize everyday, my tan fades quickly. I feel like the dryer your skin is, it's going to peel off more, and get rid of your tan/tan lines quicker. So maybe try a week without putting any lotion on your body and see what happens? That's just my suggestion. :flower:

I'm Hispanic, so i'm naturally tanned year round, and i quit actually like my skin color. it's just the back of my neck, which is a couple of shades darker than the rest of me. i guess it come form being in +100 degree weather throughout the summer and me wearing t-shirts all the time.

it's not like i work under the sun, or anything like that.
but the damn thing is still there.
is there a way to get rid of it?
make it go back to normal.

i usually stay away, far far away from the sun as possible.
and try to go out only after the sun has set, but even then.

HELP!!!:flower:

do you mean just the tan lines from the back of your neck? if you have long hair, you can wear it down. or only wear tops with higher backs for awhile. and do you wear sunscreen?

well, it's more like the whole area on the back of my neck.
just below my hair line, and above my shoulder area.
i have short hair.
i usually get a 6 on the sides and an 8 on top,
thinned out everywhere...i don't know if that means much to you,
but other boys that get their hair cut regularly should know what i mean.

don't even know why it bothers me so much, but it does.
it's noticeably dark, and i just want to get it back to normal.

i wear sunblock all the time, and when i do out during the day, i try to hide from the sun:lol:. but it hasn't helped. it hasn't gotten worse, but not any better. i'll try to post pics of what i mean later, just going to try and work the angles.

hmm..i do know what you mean about the hair thing, i have brothers :wink:

I guess there isn't much i can suggest; for skin to match, you either need to tan the rest of you, or lighten the darker parts. You can probably find a lightening skin cream in a drugstore.

I know the problem, you can see my bikini top. So i have brown with white boobs.:o

No nude tanning for me! so hello tan lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->