• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Givenchy F/W 10.11 Paris

this collection is so f/w 2006...especially the red

00090m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00180m.jpg
00400m.jpg

2010 / 2006
(style.com)

i wasn't really loving this collection, until i saw the HQs. i guess i'm one of the very few who think it looks well done and not cheap at all. like ann d, he knows how to make black & red + dark mood work.
and those boots... they're so vicious they should be forbidden. seriously.:heart:

this collection is so f/w 2006...especially the red

00090m.jpg
00090m.jpg

00040m.jpg
00150m.jpg

00180m.jpg
00400m.jpg

2010 / 2006
(style.com)

Probably the 2006 winter collection is the only one i like by Riccardo Tisci.
Don't reveal everything, leave something to the imagination.
Sensational:heart:

this collection's epic, have a crush on every piece and detail

i really like it. its good to see progression from tisci while still remaining true to his aesthetic. its not my favorite givenchy collection, but its good.

dare i say it: riccardo tisci has taken givenchy commercial. sure, all of the hallmarks of a great tisci for givenchy collection exist here, but it's all of those accessible and digestible pieces that really separate this collection from most of the givenchy collections he's presented thus far.

00330m.jpg

style.com

i thought so since the Couture collection. it was beautiful, but lacked the usual edge which rendered it unsuitable for mass consumption.

but to be honest, i prefer it when designers work around limits and don't go overboard. but, as always, that's just me.

I hate it, love it, hate it again, but then love it. I will admit that I do have a love/hate relationship with Tisci, but usually I hate it, but then progressively start to love it, not go back and forth, like last season, though maybe this season has caused an appreciation for last season. It does look like the latest HC collection (which I have not warmed up too), it doesn't look so typically goth but elegant signature thing which I don't think I'd mind that much, except for the Swiss-yodeler prints here :huh: Some things are very Tisci-like; the tailoring, cuts, fabrics/materials, etc.
^^It looks look commercialized, which I guess is where the Alexander Wang comparisons are coming from. I do kinda like the red and lace, but it does look cheap, but also in a cool way that Tisci can do :wacko: I'd better get off this thread now!

The zippers look soooo cheap :yuk:...they look like the ones used in backpacks

gosh, there are a few pieces that I like but mostly I don't really like this collection :cry:

Ricardo Tisci is a GOD. He is everywhere at all times wored by men and women who apriciate his artwork. This collectiong I felt it very minimalist... I'm not a big fan of minimalism but I like how he used the colors.

Just watched the video and I must say, I'm not in love. Some pieces are nice but overall, it's just not strong. Usually there is a very strong point of view in his collections and I'm just not getting that here. Also, the execution, fit, and construction on some of the pants is absolutely horrible for a brand of this calibre. The gloves, bags and shoes stole the show for me and there were a few dresses that I loved but overall it's not a very memorable show.

The Runway music has to be the most chilling thing i've heard, it's scarier than the Alexander Wang F/W 10.11 Pre-music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prodigal96
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->