Givenchy moves show to New York

^^Makes zero sense, considering the tragedies that occurred in NYC on Sept. 11. But, hey, let's just throw money at the problem.

There have been several other fashion shows on September 11th in NY since the attacks. Everyone from Tory Burch to Rodarte has shown on this date and it is far from precedent setting to have a fashion show on the 11th and I say that as a born and bred New Yorker. For many years since designers have been having shows, parties and events on the 11th–is it in poor taste? Depends on who you ask, but Givenchy isn't breaking protocol on this.

There have been several other fashion shows on September 11th in NY since the attacks. Everyone from Tory Burch to Rodarte has shown on this date and it is far from precedent setting to have a fashion show on the 11th and I say that as a born and bred New Yorker. For many years since designers have been having shows, parties and events on the 11th–is it in poor taste? Depends on who you ask, but Givenchy isn't breaking protocol on this.

Oh, I know NYFW has continued "business as usual" during the week of Sept 11. It just never made any sense to me why. I mean, of all the days to show off something as silly as designer clothes (clothes which I eventually buy into), does it have to be that day?

Eh, c'est la vie.

^ I've always assumed that in order to shift the NYFW schedule around to avoid that particular date it would also require shuffling around the three other fashion week schedules to accommodate the change, which could then end up effecting publishing deadlines. I'm speculating of course, but it would make sense.

Ugh, talk about a bunch of overly dramatic responses. Lest we forget that countless designers -- Alexander McQueen, Karl Lagerfeld and the duo behind Valentino -- have all decamped to New York to present a collection at one point or another. Hell, two weeks ago Gucci showed its resort collection here.

Did we collectively roll our eyes and lambast those brands for being dirty, rotten attention seekers?

Oh and as for the Kardashian s***, they'll be there regardless of where Tisci shows. Honestly, just accept that for what it is and focus on the fashion.

I'ma go to church and (if I don't spontaneously combust upon entry) light a candle in your honour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->