Riccardo Tisci - Designer

He really should’ve just went to Versace. If Raf can survive through two disastrous tenures so can he. Tisci should be in a more romantic house, preferably a haute couture one. Maybe he should give Donatella/Michael Kors a call. Or maybe return to Givenchy but that’s done.

I want and need Tisci doing haute couture again so we have some options here. Kick MGC to the curb and install him there, but I think he’d want to do menswear as well so maybe not going to work. That really leaves reviving a defunct haute couture house or he just takes over Jean Paul Gaultier which could be EPIC

He could be the next designer for JPG couture. It feels like nature since Gaultier has a big impact on Tisci creatively.

He is too big to do only LV men now and it would be a waste not to have him do womenswear.

He can do Fendi, he can help Silvia push the menswear even further, and his dark Gothic Italian sensuality is so much better than this current blandness, no POV of Kim Jones.

He can work with Carine again tho, maybe two of them can help each other reignite their creativity.

He could be the next designer for JPG couture. It feels like nature since Gaultier has a big impact on Tisci creatively.

I mean Tisci could make Gaultier a powerhouse I think. And JP is such a sweetheart and doesn’t seem he’d let his ego get in the way of things growing like an Yves or Bergé would.

as much as i'd love to see him do couture, he can just do mcqueen if he really wants to harness and nourish those gothic sensibilites. god knows s*rah b*rton needs a break from single-handedly lacerating the house beyond recognition.

Whatever he does, co-design with Donatella at Versace is not the way to go. It doesn't work for Raf and Miuccia and it probably wouldn't work in this scenario either, it's simply not a good idea.

I always loved Tisci's Givenchy and loathed everything he designer for Burberry, despite similarities to his tenure at Givenchy. I'm hopeful that wherever he eventually ends up we see the same spark he used to have at Givenchy. I don't mind him consistently casting the same friends, as I personally love Mariacarla and Irina and most of his celebrity associates, to me it felt like they were a great extension and representation of his vision - especially MCB at Givenchy, she was perfect.
Oh, and I truly hope that whatever he does next does not rely so heavily on logomania. It looked so utterly ugly at Burberry.

How come he doesn't design under his own name, though? Is there any specific reason? I seem to recall seeing a Riccardo Tisci collection once upon a time, in my memory there seem to be wooden crosses on the set. What happened to that?

Can't he just go back to Givenchy? The house seem lost and his aesthetic is too strong to go to any brand that has strong heritage. Otherwise i'd like to see him at Margiela, D&G, or even Balmain.

I’m curious. Has there been any case where a designer has left and returned to the same house that wasn’t their own (ie Jil Sander) ? I don’t see him returning to Givenchy, but would not be opposed to it.

I’m curious. Has there been any case where a designer has left and returned to the same house that wasn’t their own (ie Jil Sander) ? I don’t see him returning to Givenchy, but would not be opposed to it.
What do they have to lose besides the dead weight of MW. Like yolo. Real housewives of Atlanta brought Sheree back three times and it worked so just bring back Riccardo lol

Karl at Chloe….
They struggled so much when he left in 1983 that they got him back.

But I think he shouldn’t go back. I would be bold and say give him Dior. I think he is at that caliber now…

Karl at Chloe….
They struggled so much when he left in 1983 that they got him back.

But I think he shouldn’t go back. I would be bold and say give him Dior. I think he is at that caliber now…
Ah, thank you dear Lola with the fashion knowledge as usual ! Yes, I think he could handle Dior. It wouldn’t be any worse than what’s going on there now anyway. I am trying to imagine what Tisci by Dior would look like and I have no idea what to expect. That’s good and bad. I’d hope he’d tap into his softer side.

What do they have to lose besides the dead weight of MW. Like yolo. Real housewives of Atlanta brought Sheree back three times and it worked so just bring back Riccardo lol
Not She by Sheree ! :rofl:

I'm happy for him. Burberry just wasn't a good fit from the first collection onwards.
I think Versace (solo, not with Donatella) is his way forward but I'm not sure Donatella is ready to hand it over. She seems to be having too much fun still. And he can do Atelier Versace so he'll have some sort of couture collection too.
Fendi would be a great fit too, but I think LVMH is pretty happy with Kim Jones (sadly!)

Ah, thank you dear Lola with the fashion knowledge as usual ! Yes, I think he could handle Dior. It wouldn’t be any worse than what’s going on there now anyway. I am trying to imagine what Tisci by Dior would look like and I have no idea what to expect. That’s good and bad. I’d hope he’d tap into his softer side.

Not She by Sheree ! :rofl:
You’re welcome my dear. To a certain extend, we could add Peter Dundas at Cavalli. He was the architect behind the rebirth of Cavalli in the early 00´s and unfortunately we saw him crash when he got back there…

Dior could be good great for Dior as he knows how to make formal things believable in daywear and his approach to casual can be interesting for Dior.
I wouldn’t be so excited for him to do menswear tho.

As I said earlier, I really think that he needs to be at his own house even if I think his take on Versace would be interesting…More than the formula Donatella is using now. And overall in terms of image, he never really had total control at Givenchy over the beauty side of the business and some of the perfumes he launched never really took off.

Donatella isn’t ready I think to let the brand go. She is having her moment and she enjoy every bit of it.

Tisci’s first design post-Burberry:

That's a mediocre dress if you're going to create something for your brand in 17 years, put in more effort.

He can take a little break, rushing to do things like this won't help him or his brand any favor. I don't want him to become another Peter Dundas.

I don’t know what he is doing to his face but he is looking more and more like Jack Lang ( Ex French minister)… Is he following the footsteps of Manfred?
That dress is a mess….I love him but he should have pull something from his own archives. A dress from the collection that made him have the Givenchy job could have been more modern than this.

Ultimately, anything that Ricardo does is always going to be held up against his peak work at Givenchy (and even there, he took a few seasons to really take flight - his 2005 work at Givenchy was not a patch on what he did from 2007-08 onwards when he really discovered that Catholic goth romantic groove where he really flourished, and then took off from there to do those tshirts and sweatshirts. In some ways he felt like he was leading the trends there but by the time he was at Burberry it feels like the wheels came off, like his whole concept of the brand just felt so flat and logo-led (which I guess generated sales in some markets? But was never a patch on Christopher Bailey's vision for Burberry, idk who took the decision to excise all romance from the brand but it's been tragic to see)

He should take a break, at least for a couple of seasons. But I get it. His name needs to be out there to get the necessary support, so keeping a low profile and recharging your batteries might be difficult.
Judging by the image above, I'm not very hopeful that his own, unfiltered vision might be much different than what we've been seeing during his tenure at Burberry. Granted it's only one picture, but I've had my optimism crushed too many times the past few years, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boxij
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->