Givenchy S/S 2012 : Gisele, Mariacarla, Chris & Simone by Mert and Marcus

Great campaign. Great concept. Gisele and MC look fantastic-- very composed but natural.

The dark, slightly desolate and sullen mood-- but not quite gothic. And I can almost feel the calm before the storm. I can hear Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" track playing to this campaign.

Absolutely fantastic.

Mcb is way better than Gisele. I Feel Gisele isn't a model, she is way to over rated. In all of her campaigns this season she looks dull and is just standing there. But.mariacarla looks great.

Mariacarla's are lifeless, Gisele's giving me so much more, dominating the images and clothes.

Riccardo himself told Elle Brazil,"the presence of Gisele on the catwalk generated very good results for Givenchy." Not your cup of tea that's fine but overrated um no. At the end of the day its not always about "art" its a business too and according to many Gisele is good for business.

Riccardo himself told Elle Brazil,"the presence of Gisele on the catwalk generated very good results for Givenchy." Not your cup of tea that's fine but overrated um no. At the end of the day its not always about "art" its a business too and according to many Gisele is good for business.

True :flower: and I'd argue that Gisele suits the "art" aspect of this campaign as well. I'm really not a Gisele fan overall, I found her way more interesting at the beginning of her career when her look was more youthful and natural, but that doesn't mean I dismiss every campaign or editorial she's in for sport... :innocent: She is a great presence here.

I'm bit disappointed with this, when we got the first shot I thought ok, it has great potential, but after a few more shots it's not going as well. I still have hope, but very little of it.

I expected a bit more from this specially with Gisele and Maria Carla fronting it. They could have shot something in the water (MC's silver outfit would have been great) played with the sand or something. The "inspiration" and "theme" lend themselves to great shots, they had the location, the top models and great clothing, yet it falls flat. The only interesting thing here so far has been the gloomy sky and beach.

it's weird because i feel as though some of the shots are menswear because they are standing out a lot more than Gisele in the last two. The pastel one she looks tired and the one on the truck she has a hat covering her face, so my eyes go right to Chris, who i have slowly developed a crush on :lol:

:blink:Ugh, this campaign is a disaster.:doh:

The collection was so amazing, and we get this?

The men and scenery kill it for me.
I love Gisele to bits, but she really isn't contributing anything to this campaign.

Any of the pics where Gisele's in isn't appealing to me. Didn't know that a Givenchy campaign could be this bland.

It should have just been Chris, Simone and MCB. Gisele just doesn't do anything for the vibe that the ad is going for, she actually ruins it:ninja:

i wonder it people's hatred for Gisele (totally unfounded imo, people just hate 'sexy' girls here) makes them blind to the fact that her pictures look worlds more natural than the ones with MCB, which look absolutely amateur.

^ This is what I've been inclining towards too. Lord how much I admire Mariacarla, but the intended mood here is obviously one of a dark nonchalance, which Gisele captures really well. Mariacarla looks a little too tense and attentive. She's still one of the best models in history though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->