Going back to your natural hair colour

Katie123

Reaction score
I searched and didn't see a thread about this, sorry if there is one but I'm looking for some good advice here.

I'm tired of dying my hair and I'd love to go back to my natural colour. The last time I dyed my hair was at the end of January, but it's getting to the point where I'm starting to cave and I can't really stand the sight of it, with my roots coming in and all.

My hair is naturally dirty blonde, with blonder highlights. Has anyone ever done this before, how do you make it through the time it takes to actually grow out your hair? I'm trying not to crack but I think I might book an appointment soon to go get it done....

I´d suggest some lowlights, that´s like highlights but in your colour, to help blending in your blonder areas with the growth.
I don´t suggest overall colour, because this is something tricky, they don´t get your colour and you´ll look too dark too soon.
Ask for chunky lowlights in the colour of your roots or a tad lighter, to help you throug the awkward phase, and to make roots less noticeable as they grow.

Hair Au Naturelle

Any dolls (or guys) out there growing their hair out natural with no chemicals, dramatic cuts, or color or all three? I have been wearing my hair natural for 2 years now and I love the way it looks. Its just suits me so well. Its short and very curly. This thread can be a photo collage for natural hair that you think is trés chic, Q&A about hair products and care for natural hair, and styling tips. I am at work right now so I don't have any photos but I will definitely post some when I get home tonight. Have fun :D

my hair is 90% of the time natural, 10% i straighten it.
i like it curly, but it's usually too frizzy.
no pics at the mo, maybe i'll upload some later

This would so not work for me. My hair only looks good when its styled, otherwise I gotta wear it up.
I always need some product to make it manageable.

I love DAMAGE Remedy from AVEDA. I wrap my head in a soft tee shirt and sleep with in over night. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny! I would highly recommend spending the $30 for it

I just mean with no chemicals:Perms, straighteners, etc. or no color or no unnatural cut than it grows. Of course you should style it...how else will it be beautiful?:P

any ideas for frizz removers that actually work?

^ use anti-frizz serums, wrap ur head before u sleep and rinse it with a full glass of cold water with one tea spoon of honey melted in it (the amount of water depend on ur hair length actually)
that will define ur curls, waves of whatever, makes ur hair glossy and firzz-less :smile:

I'm in. I have not had a chemical relaxer for over 3 years now and NOTHING would make me revert to only straight hair again. Yuck, I love options and my coily texture gives me a million of them. I am a happy, nappy gurl!

I'm 28 and I've never dyed my hair or used hairspray, gel, any sort of product. It's totally virgin :D Never even used rollers or a curling iron, and blow dry it only about twice a year. I had bangs for a brief period, but for most of my life it's been all one length, and it's quite straight. Sometimes I'm terribly bored with it, but it's in terrific condition, a beautiful blonde color, and a good thickness, and I look best with it just swept up and back into a bun, so why fix what isn't broken?

I admit there are days when I'd die for curly dark hair, but I know I'd regret it if I started messing with it now :smile:

Wow Gabi..3 years is a while..how long is your hair...mine was a mess to deal with when I was growing my chemicals out...but my hair is super short and sassy...its kind of cut shorter on the sides so that it looks like a natural mohawk.

I definately get my haircut, but other than that I don't dye it and I rarely (only for special occasions) put product in it. I believe that people look best with the hair color they were born with. Plus I love my hair dried naturally, it has perfect wavey curls! Au naturelle all the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
vanilla fairy said:
^ use anti-frizz serums, wrap ur head before u sleep and rinse it with a full glass of cold water with one tea spoon of honey melted in it (the amount of water depend on ur hair length actually)
that will define ur curls, waves of whatever, makes ur hair glossy and firzz-less :smile:

how much water should i have for shoulder length hair? when do i do the rinsing? after conditioning?

I would say rinse with 2 cups of water especially if your hair is thick because it just enough to dilute the stickness from the honey but won't rinse out all the conditioner...it leaves a thin layer to protect your hair all day.

My hair's been natural for the last 2.5 years..I've been blowdrying it after washing it for about a month or so..but no dye/straightening really..I gotta give up the blowdryer again..it dries out the hair, but I'm often impatient! naturally curly hair woo woo!

I tried rinsing with a mixture of cold water and mild olive oil...its leaves your hair really shiny and soft..especially if you slept in your conditioner the night before. Be sure though to use cold water so that the old will not float around and make sure that its a mild oil...I'm not sure what the reg. stuff will do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->