Gucci 'Flora' Fragrance : Abbey Lee Kershaw by Inez & Vinoodh & Solve Sundsbo

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
1t1rip.jpg

Gucci’s iconic floral print Flora is a good luck charm for Frida Giannini.

Three years ago the creative director of Gucci splashed the colorful design from Gucci’s archives over canvas bags to produce a knockout commercial success. This time, Giannini named Gucci’s latest women’s scent after the feminine floral pattern and, together with Gucci’s licensee Procter & Gamble Prestige Products, hopes Flora’s magic will create the biggest-grossing fragrance in the Gucci stable.

Flora is the second Gucci women’s scent, following Gucci by Gucci, created under Giannini’s creative reign at the Florentine fashion house. Flora is aimed at a younger customer. Comparing the scents, Giannini said Gucci by Gucci channeled the powerful Gucci woman, while Flora addresses a sensual, younger woman.

“Flora is lighter, the floral scent of course evokes a younger consumer, and she has a hedonistic, daring side. I don’t want to say that Flora is the daughter of Gucci by Gucci but maybe the younger sister,” said Giannini.

Asked how Flora fits into her lifestyle, Giannini added: “I will wear Flora in the morning and Gucci by Gucci in the evening.”

Flora was designed to open a door for the future development of a new category of Gucci fragrances intended to cater to a younger customer. “Flora is another side of the multifaceted Gucci woman,” Giannini said. “We have a huge space for the development of new scents, and now we are trying to build a new category. I want to re-create an entire panorama of scents under my vision.”

Turning to the archived Flora print for inspiration for the scent’s concept came naturally to Giannini. First used on a Gucci scarf made for Princess Grace in 1966, Flora was also utilized on many different Gucci apparel and accessory items — some of which Giannini’s mother wore.

“I was in love with the idea of a floral fragrance, and having the idea of naming the perfume Flora, everything was consequential. I wanted to give Flora a new freshness, so I decided to keep the same floral pattern but make it not so literal with all 25 colors, but black and white, more graphic and correct for the project,” said Giannini.

The black-and-white Flora print is featured on the scent’s packaging, but Giannini also printed it onto a butterflylike long silk chiffon gown worn by Australian model Abbey Lee in the scent’s advertising campaign. Shot by Chris Cunningham in a cornfield in Latvia, Lee is depicted in the middle of more than 40,000 silk flowers moving in tempo with the wind to the tune of an original remix of Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love.” Inez & Vinoodh photographed Flora’s print advertising visuals.

Strobel said Flora would be backed by a dedicated Web site for the scent that will go live concurrently with the launch of the fragrance.

wwd / december 5, 2008

the fragrance is set to launch in april...

that's kind of hot. :woot: i like the concept..but hearing flora by gucci instead of gucci by gucci will make me sad :(

thanks kimair :flower:

Well Abbey's face is mostly covered by her hair... that's always good.

Thanks for posting kimair :flower:

^ Ouch! :judge: :lol:

Abbey looks gorgeous. Makes me wonder if Abbey is actually shooting with I&V for this fragrance campaign, not cruise campaign (if there's one, considering it's quite late for cruise campaign now).

Abbey is so perfect for this fragrance. I can't wait to see the TV ad.

Beautiful ad, she looks very beautiful in it.
Im so happy for Abbey:heart:

I'd like to see a little more her face... but it's ok!!
It's great she'll be on a tv ad... :D

Beautiful and breezy. It's the perfect ad campaign for a perfume.

I'm hoping that the Cruise campaign will be similar in aesthetics to this.

Good concept, but I don't really like it though. Thanks for posting.

Lovely, I'm really starting to like Abbey Lee ^_^

i love how they describe everything BUT the scent notes. that's the fragrance market for you these days!

that said, i think the bottle is really pretty.

I'm so excited!:woot: I like it! Can't wait to see the ad in print.

Abbey Lee looks stunning and divine! Not really a fan of Frida or her works but Inez and Vinoodh's ad for this perfume is hypnotizing me to buy this perfume even though i'm a guy and rarely buy perfumes. Abbey Lee's pose and sensual stare, combined with the floral dress floating and lifting around her is just brilliant even though it's been done in different ways before. She just stares at you being all mezmerizing and telling the consumer to "buy me, buy me". I really just love Inez and Vinoodh's work when it comes to campaigns. First YSL, now this. Just amazing. Can't wait for the TV commercial. Hopefully we'll hear Abbey talk.

Fragrance ads, bore me to death most of the time.

Its cute but nothing extrodinary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->