Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-10-550x800.jpg

Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-11-550x800.jpg

Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-12-550x800.jpg

Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-13-550x800.jpg

Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-14-550x800.jpg

Gucci-Cruise-Men-2017-15-550x800.jpg

source: highsnobiety

Why so many looks?

I hate how you can't really tell what season his clothes are from. they all look the same, one trick pony at it's best.

0Be29pA.gif

atrl.net

why so many looks?

I hate how you can't really tell what season his clothes are from. They all look the same, one trick pony at it's best.

atrl.net

But it's also a good thing - it won't be 'fashionable' for one season and force you to buy the next season' stuff. So you are not gonna be frustrated being out of fashion cycle. It makes sense to invest in his creations.

Look 9 is like his take on a Tom Ford look. Quite funny.

I like what he is doing. Many of my men friends loves his stuff.
Styling is so important in menswear (IMO) that this chaotic gimmicky thing is quite hard to understand.
The clothes are strong enough for a simpler styling. The flawless styling of Hedi helped a lot for the success of Saint Laurent.

His work will really hit the spot when he will loose all the gimmicks.

Some silhouettes are quite MiuMiu mens no?

One trick pony indeed but there are many cute pieces. I love his styling. It's just everything I hate in people and fashion but he makes it work.

BTW, Grindr must collapse at Gucci Uomo stores... I don't see any other kind of demographic buying these clothes. :lol:

I have to say that much of this collection seems very....achievable. Like, nobody has to go to Gucci to find some of these pieces, and nobody has to dress in Gucci to wear these looks. The quality and the tiger appliques are really the only things that set this apart not only from a ton of other designer brands, but high street and vintage stuff too.

It's basically just geeky/artsy Saint Laurent.

^^^ It is easily achieved with clever styling, Spike. If you’re a seasoned fashion veteran and have Dries, Prada, Gucci— both Tom’s and Frida’s, Thom Browne, and vintage pieces from the 1960s and 1970s, then it’s your playground. I’m attracted to the kaleidoscopic eclecticism of this magpie’s feel and look, as it's parts designer and parts thriftstore— like a male version of the Annie Potts character in Pretty In Pink. And you know what? It’s also a more literal, geek-happy version of Gaultier’s AW 1990-91 men’s collection: The legging-jeans in tie-dye, the hoodie layered under bombers, the colourful mini skullcap, and the lugged-sole hiking boots. All Gaultier— but Michelle’s version is the skinny, geeky adolescent to Gaultier’s handsome, buffed, multiracial swagger of 1990.

I like it. I’m instantly, hopelessly, attracted to the leopard/ margay-print coat.

I really like those striped socks.

It might be a more personal-style kind of thing, but I'm instantly attracted to the basics - a plain suit with contrast piping, the camel wrap coat. I think the acid-washed jeans and some of the appliques are an overkill, but I can see a lot of people wearing them. Still not sold that he's a versatile designer though.

actually for the first time under his direction, i found quite a lot pieces that I really want. Some pieces are good and it'll look better, approachable by all kind of men and cooler with different styling.

I don't know why, but I get Saint Laurent Paris vibe in this collection.
But it's very his Gucci

Don't his clothes always spark some memory of some other time ago
I don't mean style -I actually mean actual pieces.
Like, I'm so sure I had those tigers he always uses growing up, in the eighties.. I know I must have had it pillowcases
But it exists elsewhere too
Especially in the movies

One thing is that (domestic) cat- swear I've seen it before. The one with the fire behind him
I'd like to know!

I have to say that much of this collection seems very....achievable. Like, nobody has to go to Gucci to find some of these pieces, and nobody has to dress in Gucci to wear these looks. The quality and the tiger appliques are really the only things that set this apart not only from a ton of other designer brands, but high street and vintage stuff too.

It's basically just geeky/artsy Saint Laurent.

very true, i found myself liking this but then realized the styling and proportions are similar to my everyday style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->