Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam April 2024 : Beverly Johnson by Tom Marvel

I prefer the first cover but wish it was cropped closer. She does look stunning irrespective of the extreme retouching. I wish there was more contrast but I guess every region has its own preferred aestheic. The lace on the wigs also needed to be cut in a less obvious way.

The Beverly Johnson?! Wow, glad to see her back. Her first Vogue cover has like 50 years. Legend.

Just a bit tacky, but I don't mind. Seems very on-brand for Vietnamese Bazaar. I prefer this glammed-up look than the "Scandinavian eco mom dressed in a cosy oversized sweater" look models of Beverly's age usually get.

How great would it be to see Beverly return to the cover of US Vogue...

Where’s AB+DM when we need them? Those two delivered such a flawless Harper’s Bazaar Arabia cover shoot with Iman, that this pales in stark comparison. What a disappoint, and a wasted opportunity. I’m dumbfounded as to how you can have a legend like Beverly Johnson, and do her a total disservice. There’s not one redeeming factor to this, except for the fact it’s wonderful to see Beverly Johnson.

I can't say no to a legend but she does look a little bit like a RPDR contestant.

What a beautiful surprise seeing Beverly on the cover! Way too much photoshop and her hair and makeup is so severe, but she's still gorgeous.

I was afraid to open this and I knew why... Beverly has done way too much surgery to her face, she looks strange to remain polite.
- Firstly the photoshop is way too excessive.
- As far as the photography and styling I will say it's very poor and amateur.
- Secondly when it comes to hair and makeup it's quite bad, don't they have budget to hire better people when they have such a woman in front of them and especially for a cover?
- If you look carefully at the wig it also does not look flattering.
- Last but not least : the pictures' selection does not make sense to honor that supermodel.
Conclusion: it's a disaster.
NEXT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LA REGINA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->