Harris Reed - Designer, Creative Director of Nina Ricci

LadyJunon

Reaction score
Harris Reed's first design for Nina Ricci :

The worst thing is that I just know that he'll pull a Di Vilmorin, which is, in itself, a poorly executed gender confused Theyskens.

If Olivier decides to go full Theyskens this March, both Reed and Di Vilmorin will be found bald in an alley.

I am just now realizing that Charles di Vilmorin and Harris Reed are two different designers.

Funny, two privileged hack designers both hired to take on boring, and moribund French houses. What are the odds?!

Adele Wears Harris Reed’s First Look for Nina Ricci

The creative director will make his runway debut during Paris Fashion Week in February.

By RHONDA RICHFORD
DECEMBER 18, 2022, 4:27PM

Harris Reed debuted his first look for Nina Ricci on none other than Adele.

The singer wore a custom look from the newly minted creative director on stage during her “Weekends With Adele” concert Saturday night in Las Vegas.

She wore an off-the-shoulder gown in black velvet, with voluminous circle sleeves in black tulle, with sequin polka dot embroidery and Swarovski crystals. The singer’s name was embroidered inside in a scrolling pink script.

“I am honored to dress somebody that completely embodies, magnifies and shines with true femininity. Adele wears a hand embellished polka dot gown, the polka dot being a strong Nina Ricci archival brand code,” Reed said in an Instagram post. The dress is the first custom VIP look for the brand in five years.

The 26-year-old was appointed creative director of the house in September, and will debut his first runway show during Paris Fashion Week in February.

He has promised a “magnified femininity” at Nina Ricci, which he teased Saturday night. He called Adele “eternally inspiring” and said the gown is a “small nod of what’s to come.”

“It’s hard to put into words what this moment means to me. It often feels as if the entire culmination of my life’s work has led me to this moment. I am so proud and humbled to be working with my amazing Nina team and every single person along the way who has helped me get to this point,” he continued. Reed thanked Adele and stylist Jamie Mizrahi for supporting his career from the very beginning.

“If you would have told me when I was a first year at CSM [Central Saint Martins] that I’d be dressing Adele as the creative director of Nina Ricci, I never would have been able to fathom the path that got me here. The experiences I’ve had, the opportunities I’ve gotten, all the hard work, long days, sleepless nights and tears of joy. The ride has been incredible and I can’t wait to see how it continues to unfold.”

The American-British Reed is the youngest designer to take up the Nina Ricci reins, and is known for his demi-couture gender-fluid designs with bold and theatrical silhouettes before his appointment.

Since graduating from London’s Saint Martins in 2020, Reed has quickly gained a reputation for bold and theatrical silhouettes that play perfectly onstage. He has worked on sets and live performances with Sam Smith and Adam Lambert, and his designs also have been worn by Harry Styles and Lil Nas X.
Source: WWD

LOL All the paid hype for a nondescript and basic recital-uniform; it really could be from any given formal section of a midrange brand, department store, local dressmaker etc etc— just with some bedazzled sleeves add-on. And I guess this person now will have access to swaths upon swaths of velvet to waste away on his drag costumes.

LOL All the paid hype for a nondescript and basic recital-uniform; it really could be from any given formal section of a midrange brand, department store, local dressmaker etc etc— just with some bedazzled sleeves add-on. And I guess this person now will have access to swaths upon swaths of velvet to waste away on his drag costumes.

In fairness, it is a costume for Adele, basic black recital uniform in various iterations has been her staple since basically the beginning of her career. Even if he did design something interesting, it might not be something she'd wear - but going with one of the staidest celebrities out there as a way to premiere his designs for Nina Ricci is a choice, since celeb endorsements seem to weigh more than actual design for him to begin with.

In fairness, it is a costume for Adele, basic black recital uniform in various iterations has been her staple since basically the beginning of her career. Even if he did design something interesting, it might not be something she'd wear - but going with one of the staidest celebrities out there as a way to premiere his designs for Nina Ricci is a choice, since celeb endorsements seem to weigh more than actual design for him to begin with.

That tulle looking real crunchy tho.

Harry Styles wearing Nina Ricci by Harris Reed:

Florence Pugh at the BAFTA.

Apparently this design was inspired by an archival design from '88. If he references Theyskens, I think I'd feel sick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wigsforu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->