Has fashion made you Rich or Poor???

iconemod

Reaction score
All along your relationship with fashion, did it reward you (in $$$$) somehow?
I mean, if you wrote articles as a journalist, or if you did some eds or photo shootings. .. Or did it make your bank yell of rage? (in case you couldn't resist some tentation at a boutique)
Tell us your fashion cashflow, so far!!

All I can say is that I could still profit from it :wink: Got paid for my editorial work , but sometimes the price of luxury did get into my nerves....

TheSoCalledPrep said:
i make money... selling my finds on ebay.. :smile: a good eye can make major cash.
yeahhh, that's what makes me say:

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!

Fashion has made me rich and poor. I am now trying to get a good balance, or work so hard I don't have time to spend what I earn. :lol: Slowly getting there

I have a love/hate relationship with the new collections each season and need to start resisting temptation. :ninja:

Poor & starving in Gucci & YSL...

I must admit that Fashion gets me broke & stressed-out. :cry:

I`m a Student with no job at the moment, still I just MUST have the latest Gucci Runway Jacket or the latest YSL or LV Bag...

...and then when I have it I sit at home, no money to go out, nothing to eat and all stressed with raising money for the next Must-Have Item...*sigh*

I think I'll wait until i have an actual job to be poor. :lol: I still have a few months before I can no longer say "I'm a poor student". :wink:

It really depends - As for me, I really don't buy stuffs that I cannot afford. All of my designer stuffs like bags and shoes and expensive accessories comes from my parents. :wink:

I do also make money out of selling some of my stuffs, like I do buy and sell designer bags.:wink: :heart:

Heroin_Chic said:

..and then when I have it I sit at home, no money to go out, nothing to eat and all stressed with raising money for the next Must-Have Item...*sigh*

That's so true it hurts, but don't you think exactly that moment sitting at home would be an AWESOME idea for a fashion ed??? I would put Kate on it with her waif-like face.. let's get the Time Machine!!!
But you're right.. fashion can really ruin not only your credit card but also your weekends... (unleast someone visits you for getting a "closer" look to your frocks :wink: )

can't say fashion has actually made me rich but it sure pays the rent and those long vacations.. i've always worked with fashion since finishing highschool (which was agaes ago) :D

of course i dont spend on designer stuff, i find this a total waste of money, most luxury items have such a short expire date.. i'm an anti consumer, but can easily spend $$$ on the occasional vintage, antiques or unique pieces

well fashion hasn't made me poor but I'd be a lot richer if it weren't for it!!! LOL

Fashion and I break even. My sewing skills get me commission work which funds the next additions to my wardrobe, which I will also make. People notice my unusual clothes, and ask where I get them, I tell them I make it, and sometimes they pay me to make things for them, too!

Definetely poor. I'm a student who doesn't work, so all the money I receive from my parents disappear in a couple of days, and fashion is guilty of it!

Heroin_Chic said:

I`m a Student with no job at the moment, still I just MUST have the latest Gucci Runway Jacket or the latest YSL or LV Bag...

...and then when I have it I sit at home, no money to go out, nothing to eat and all stressed with raising money for the next Must-Have Item...*sigh*

I figured if I want something give myself a target date and then divide the total cost of the item (tax included) by the number of weeks (my target date) and then that's how much I need to save each week in order to have that item. It seems to be working pretty good now. :smile:

Well, only yesterday I spend the money that was meant to be the gass bill money and bought a silk skirt instead - whoops!

but I would say fashion has turned me into a recycler - I buy it, wear it, sell it on ebay. Life could be worse! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->