Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

MISS TWEED 19 05 2024

There is also Celine with designer Hedi Slimane is on his way out, as Miss Tweed was first to reveal last month. Sales growth there has slowed down markedly in the past year, industry sources say. Celine's sales are now estimated at €2.1 billion. The brand has inundated the market with its Triomphe leather bags with the double C golden lock that looks a lot like that of Chanel. Many customers have grown tired of it, industry experts say. Now Celine needs to produce something new.

The timing of Slimanes exit has not yet been determined. It depends on how easily a replacement is found. Managing that transition is not going to be easy for Toledano and Delphine Arnault.

“12 Mar 2024 — LVMH doesn't break out figures for its brands, but market sources suggest Celine is closing in on €3 billion ($3.27 billion) in annual revenue.” - Business of Fashion

Celine Menswear Fall 2024 collection released tomorrow:

The amount of campaigns they are dumping over the last few weeks...definitely feels like they are trying to purge all of the Hedi Slimane credited content before the formal announcement of creative change

The amount of campaigns they are dumping over the last few weeks...definitely feels like they are trying to purge all of the Hedi Slimane credited content before the formal announcement of creative change
Even if he leaves tomorrow, both men and women FW24 still need to drop in stores.
And he must have worked on SS25 collections too in the last six months (considering that women FW24 Women collection was "DESIGNED IN JULY 2023, FILMED IN PARIS IN DECEMBER 2023" according to the press release, so there was plenty of time , even before the departure rumors started to be shared, where his design team had to produce new collections).
So I think in any case there will be plenty of Hedi credited material to be shared in the next months.
I actually have the feeling that they are taking advantage of all the buzz around the brand (because of Hedi contract rumors) and therefore push with content as much as possible in the recent weeks.

Celine Menswear Fall 2024 collection released tomorrow:

I’m only waiting for those captions because Mr Slimane is the king for that.

I bet the collection was designed in September and shot in January February.

Even if he leaves Tomorrow, I’m sure all the content regarding the launch of Celine beauty is already set.
fingers crossed for givenchy or even dior
But for Galliano to join LVMH, he needs to leave Margiela and we need an announcement first, no?

Have you all forget that the man is not a free agent?
And on top of that, he has a non-competition contract of maybe 1 year lol.

But for Galliano to join LVMH, he needs to leave Margiela and we need an announcement first, no?

Have you all forget that the man is not a free agent?
And on top of that, he has a non-competition contract of maybe 1 year lol.
isn't margiela skipping another season again or something? or have i made that up? either way i don't think he's renewing his contract in october. if he does, i'll gladly eat crow and accept that he's staying there forever... but my gut instinct says he's leaving

isn't margiela skipping another season again or something? or have i made that up? either way i don't think he's renewing his contract in october. if he does, i'll gladly eat crow and accept that he's staying there forever... but my gut instinct says he's leaving
Renzo Rosso proudly posting about Galliano looks from the Met Gala is not an indication of him letting him go…
They have ride that Couture collection buzz for the longest.
The thing is I’m not a buyer so I don’t know about the RTW collections and how they are going to communicate on them. But he is still in contract so the collections are made anyway (as stuff has to be sold).

We will see in October indeed (even if Renzo would be a fool to let him go without a fight).

But that mean also that if he leaves Margiela, his non-competition will end in October 2025. So no official first collection until 2026…

So for a brand like Givenchy, it will mean literally more than 1 year (and how many seasons) without a CD.

Why does Hedi at Givenchy sound like a demotion to me, but then I couldn't care less about Givenchy. Shutter it.

I think LVMH could turn Givenchy into their version of Miu Miu
Something they lack in their portfolio

Rebellious and girly, they can continue making Tisci's sweats
also with a rich history of pretty bows and frilly mini sexy dresses etc

Most importantly Holly Golightly wearing Givenchy as a call girl, how naughty is that, it's kinda perfect

With Galliano's rehabilitation campaign, the numerous celebs wearing Margiela, met gala, etc. I wouldn't be surprised he comes back. Lauren Sherman recently on Puck's Fashion podcast made the point about if John Galliano and Sidney Toledano make amends, it would this epic fashion love story of redemption.
Also Toledano's history with Hedi could likely repair whatever contract issues he may have had with Burke.

Idk how different galliano would be at another house. All these companies are gunning for the ~25 year old age group so he’d still probably be doing the same stuff just tweaked slightly through a different lens

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uche2crazyyy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->