Help Me With My Skincare Please

L.A.Trash

Reaction score
Help me with my skincare please!

Hey guys,

I posted in a thread earlier that I have real problems when faced with the array of different products and always prefer to go by others reccomendations. I'm looking for products to even out my skintone, less redness on my cheeks and nose, help me to have less irritation when I shave with an electric razor and help to control minor breakouts.
I have ok skin right now but would like to make it look good everyday.

Some products that I'm interested in at the moment are:
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Idealist exfoliant and serum

I still need help with shaving products and a moisturiser (i have combination skin)

Thanks so much, I'm kind of clueless when it comes to skin...I always pick nicely packaged products that end up being totally wrong for my skin.

L.A.Trash

Cetaphil is a good cleanser but try not to mix cleansing products. If you are in London during winter, its best to invest in different moisturisers for day and night. Thalgo is very good but I think you can only purchase them in salons or online.

I use dermalogica and I would recommend it to everyone! It is the most amazing product, imo. If you have combo skin, their special cleansing gel would work very well, as well as the multiactive toner. Depending on how dry or oily your skin is, you could either use a skin smoothing cream moisturizer or active moist. The most important thing in taking care of your skin is to go through all the steps, not just a few. You also must exfoliate and mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone!

this is my first post and hopefully you can help me. Iam a bit of a skincare virgin and have never really thought about it. I have finally decided to get a routine going and get my skin looking its best! i dont have particularly dry or oily skin probs a bit of both. In the morning my tzone is a little oily but nothing too bad. I have pale skin with some freckles but get flushed cheeks so was looking at some whitening products but dont want to be any paler than i alreay am! also i have some blackheads on my nose and chin, any recs to get rid of these? Basically i always seem to have some sort of blemish and would love clear skin! i drink alot of water and that seems to help also

thanks in advance to your help!

I personally love Dermalogica products and also Corrective Control Systems. They dont overdry if you have combination skin which makes you produce more oil. Of course you have to try out products and find the best for you. I would recommend going to get a facial so someone can actually look at your skin. Of course they arent dermatologist but they can usually recommend some good stuff.
Usually to get rid of blackheads a good exfoliating scrub once or twice a week can help. Especially if you wear make up regularly a scrub is a must. I like ones that have small circular granuals instead of the large rigid ones that can irritate skin.

Here's a basic skin routine that works for most people:

1) Eat a lot of antioxidant rich foods: leafy green and purple vegetables, berries, red grapes, cod, nuts, olive oil, green tea, and whole grains. Avoid sugar, red meat, and processed foods. Water is important, but not as important as people make it out to be. Drinking eight glasses a day isn't really necessary, but you should be well-hydrated. This diet will improve your skin from the inside.

2) Sun protection. Extremely important. Your freckles will eventually fade if you minimize your exposure enough. Religiously apply sunscreen with Mexoryl XL to all exposed parts of your face and neck every day, even on rainy ones. Remember to reapply every 1-2 hours, and keep in mind that you can get sun exposure in a room with unshaded windows as well. Also, wear sunglasses and a sunhat outdoors if you can get away with it.

3) Vitamins. Take a multivitamin supplement everyday and apply Vitamin C serum to your face at night. It also works well in combination with sunscreen to give your skin more protection.

4) Tretinoins. This isn't necessary, but something to consider. Retin A and Renova creams have been scientifically proven to rejuvenate the skin and increase its natural self repair. (I know, I sound like an ad. :lol:) Basically, it's a fancy word for Vitamin A. It will penetrate deep into your skin and repair internal damage that has not yet surfaced. After about two months of usage you should see an improvement in the outer layer of skin.

5) Cleanse twice a day: morning and night. Scrub gently and don't over do it.

6) Apply moisturizer after cleansing, but only to areas that aren't pimpled. I like cocoa butter cream.

Don't pop pimples or blackheads! If you squeeze a blackhead, another will just sprout in its place. The only way to get rid of them is by improving your skin from the inside and following this routine.

Hope that helps! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrblg2020
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->