Help - Suit/Jacket for athletic built men

Zsquared

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place on the forum to ask for help, so if not move it where it should be.

I need help about finding appropriate suit for me, and here's the problem

size 52 fits nice around waist, but it's too small in shoulders and sleeves, and 54 leaves too much space in the waist area.

is taylor the only solution? are some designers known for making suits for athletic built men? (as Dior is famous for being suited to skinny guys...)

the truth is i still havent been designer-suit-shopping but id like to hear your opinion first...

Zsquared.. not exactly what your looking for.. but my husband has the same problem.. and he has to settle for Hugo Boss where some of the basic suits/pants can be bought as seperates.. eg you can mixs and match as you like..
If you want to go truely high-end Armani sends tailors out to some stores ( atleast they do so twice a year in a store in Copenhagen..) where they take your meassurements, give you the choice between a couple of styles and then custom fit it for you..

Hart, Schaffner, & Marx make some athletic cut suits that work for some people, but the reality is that if you've really worked your body into a very interesting shape, you're going to have to have some custom work done. My brother has the jacket altered & basically a new pair of pants made from the fabric of the ones that came with the suit.

Thanks so much for replyin!!

So alterations to the suits / jackets are possible without ruining them?

Do I need a really good (expencive) tailor for that, or that aint such a problem for the "usual" ones?

^ Oh yes ... and of course you do need a good tailor, but that doesn't necessarily mean $$$. I would ask around at the gym--see who's well-dressed and ask what they do. I used to work for a Hart Schaffner & Marx store--we had our own tailors, and they were excellent. (Well, we had two, and one was more excellent than the other :P) Our alterations were pretty inexpensive as long as the suit wasn't on sale. And even then, not too bad ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->