Help Toning Down Highlights

impossibleprincess

kabhi alvida
Reaction score
I just went to the hairdresser to get my highlights done and they've come out perfect-I always have troube when I go because the sort of honey-brown colour I want never sets into my hair easily. It has this time, except some parts on my fringe, because she did that first-it's a horrible brassy blonde which I know tones down after loads of washes but does anyone know any good products to help it along? Like some sort of shampoo or treatment to tone down the brassiness?? :flower:

Maybe a picture would help to see what youre talking about. As a raven-haired girl myself, I feel your pain.

this is the best tip u will ever hear...........
leave off the conditioner for 1 week and just shampoo.....it really does work

it's so annoying because apart from the fringe everything is perfect. I'll try your tip acid, i also heard tomato ketchup helps but i think that's more for people who want blonde, not get rid of it, and the thought of spending loads of time with ketchup on my hair is not very appealing. Bittersweet-i don't have a pic!! Going to my hairdresser is just not enjoyable when my highlights are due. I just sit there wondering if the colour will be right.

I've done that before-but everytime i do they just put too much on-i end up with literally no colour.

Maybe it's time for you to see a new colorist. There is no reason why you should be leaving the hair salon unhappy. Everyone sees color differently and maybe you and your stylist aren't seeing things the same.

oh it's the first time i went to her! I left my old colourist b/c although he was lovely, he just never got it right. This new lady was brilliant, it was just the fringe that got screwed up a bit. The rest of my hair is perfect. But you are right, if i'm always leaving unhappy, i would stop going.

Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Oct 27 2004, 05:07 PM
it's so annoying because apart from the fringe everything is perfect. I'll try your tip acid, i also heard tomato ketchup helps but i think that's more for people who want blonde, not get rid of it, and the thought of spending loads of time with ketchup on my hair is not very appealing. Bittersweet-i don't have a pic!! Going to my hairdresser is just not enjoyable when my highlights are due. I just sit there wondering if the colour will be right.
[snapback]408085[/snapback]​
Ketchup helps if you have been swimming in water containing chloride, or if you have added ash blond lowlights to your blond hair and they turn out dark green instead :smile:

Speaking of washing out stuff - I've had subtle highlights for a while and they are annoying me. Is there anyway to speed up the process of them washing out? I want my natural hair colour back....

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Oct 31 2004, 06:47 PM
Speaking of washing out stuff - I've had subtle highlights for a while and they are annoying me. Is there anyway to speed up the process of them washing out? I want my natural hair colour back....
[snapback]412525[/snapback]​
I dont think its possible to wash out highlights...If I understand you right this is small parts of your hair thats colored in a lighter color? well, if its a lighter color, as highlights are supposed to be, they are made by removing some of the natural color from the hair and then add different shades...the only way you can get rid of them is to cover them with a darker shade.

Twilight Fairy, if you're desparate, mixing a small amount of Sodium Bicarbonate into your shampoo fades highlights, but I understand it isn't very good for your hair. :flower:

Twighlight Fairy just go to the salon and get a Single Process which is a all over one color. That's the only safe way to do it and they can match it up to your natural color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mihxxen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->