Hervé Chapelier Bags

Marlee

Reaction score
I'd like to buy an Herve Chapelier canvas tote for spring, but I can't seem to find a place to buy them online. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, does anyone know how much a medium sized tote with leather handles would cost? As you can probably tell I know very very little about this band so any info or comments would be appreciated.

thanks for the suggestions! i've looked at their site and they don't seem to sell the bag from their website, and i'm saving ebay as my last option. any more ideas?

i would also love any info on quality, how well they hold up, etc. thanks!

SCOOPNYC.COM used to have them online... not any longer. maybe if you look around some online fashion shops, you'll find sth. :wink:

my sister uses an herve bag for a book bag and she said she think she paid 100-120 for it. she said they're kinda crappy though. she said you could get bags that look just like them with thicker nylon at The Container Store for like 20 bucks in the same color schemes minus the little green label

i love the little tiny ones though, SO cute!

I must agree with your sister on that... they're very popular at my university, but do not seem to be holding up or aging very well... I really think there are much cuter and DURABLE bags you can get in that price range!

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone have any other brand suggestions for a large tote that will hold up well.

Longchamp "les pilages" are good kinda totes.
I'll suggest delfinoshop.com. The'd be able to sell you a herve Chapelier if you call in.

hope this helps

My nylon Herve Chapelier bag has a stain on the bottom, and I'd really love to clean it, I just don't know how! Do you have any tips?

I spray Shout on the stains and let it sit for a while, then I put it in the washing machine with some oxyclean in the water... comes out clean.. and undamaged. It's only nylon. You could always take it to get professionally cleaned, but i thought it was a waste since my mom has every cleaning product known to man in the laundry room.
:wink:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone who owns an Herve Chapelier tote bag can tell me if these bags are soft/easily foldable? I know the Longchamp has a line where it can be folded perfectly, but I was wondering if the HC bags have the ability to be folded (not perfectly) somehow?

I can't quite decide between the two :unsure:

the Herve Chapelier bags can be folded, I guess.. it's soft nylon..... but they aren't designed to be folded like the Longchamp...

I've own both kinds.. I still use my Herve tote when I need to carry around a lot of crap. I find that my bag is rather durable... I've had it for a few years now... still good to go... I sold my longchamp a while ago... but the quality was still good with that one. It all depends on if you like the look of the two colors on the HC... or if you like the look of the leathe rhandles and flap on the longchamp.

I have a Herve Chapelier tote, an inheritance from when I was in High school... here in France (in my time, a few years ago), all the girls had them.
They're indestructible! and I like that you can wear it on your shoulder. Now all the younger girls have Longchamp totes though.

Luna said:
I spray Shout on the stains and let it sit for a while, then I put it in the washing machine with some oxyclean in the water... comes out clean.. and undamaged. It's only nylon. You could always take it to get professionally cleaned, but i thought it was a waste since my mom has every cleaning product known to man in the laundry room.
:wink:

If your bag bas no leather on it, you should be able to wash it in the washer machine (I would use cold/gentle cycle). If it has leather on it, then spot treat the bottom. I have had several Herve bags over the years, and I wash them regularly. Only after 5 years of use, probably 100 washings and much abuse has the bag started to show age. I find them extremely practical for the beach and for travel as you can fold them in your suitcase and then use them to bring back things you bought while on holiday. I am very fond of them. They make canvas ones as well which I really like, but I don't think they sell them in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->