Hong Chau

Yohji

Reaction score
Hong Chau (born 1979) is an American actress who is known for her appearance in the US film Downsizing (2017), for which she was nominated for several awards for best supporting actress. She also appeared in the US television series Treme (2010–2013) and the US film Inherent Vice (2014). Chau was born to Vietnamese parents who lived in a refugee camp in Thailand after fleeing Vietnam in the late 1970s, and the family moved to the United States afterward. After growing up in New Orleans, Louisiana, she majored in film studies at Boston University and pursued an acting career.

Hong Chau attends W Magazine's Best Performances Party presented by Audi at Chateau Marmont on January 4, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

dmVVflF.jpg

Hong Chau is seen attending the premiere of 'Downsizing' at Regency Village Theatre in Los Angeles, California.

QbyKLHc.jpg

Hong Chau attends the 'Downsizing' special screening at Dundee Theater on December 15, 2017 in Omaha, United States.

2UcAoa4.jpg

Actor Hong Chau attends The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Official Academy Screening of Downsizing at the MOMA Celeste Bartos Theater on December 13, 2017 in New York City.

dmCCQKs.jpg

Actress Hong Chau attends the New York screening of "Downsizing" at AMC Lincoln Square Theater on December 11, 2017 in New York City.

DuPuspB.jpg

Hong Chau attends the 2017 GQ Men of the Year party at Chateau Marmont on December 7, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

DxFuTBm.jpg

Hong Chau attends the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and InStyle celebrate the 75th Anniversary of The Golden Globe Awards at Catch LA on November 15, 2017 in West Hollywood, California.

aJz3zY6.jpg

Hong Chau attends the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' 9th Annual Governors Awards at The Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland Center on November 11, 2017 in Hollywood, California.

DHmIIso.jpg

Hong Chau attends the 2017 AMD British Academy Britannia Awards Presented by American Airlines And Jaguar Land Rover at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 27, 2017 in Beverly Hills, California.

ysnKxSG.jpg

Hong Chau attends ELLE's 24th Annual Women in Hollywood Celebration presented by L'Oreal Paris, Real Is Rare, Real Is A Diamond and CALVIN KLEIN at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on October 16, 2017 in Los Angeles, California.

i9sJalw.jpg

Hong Chau attends the UK premiere of "Downsizing", the BFI Patron's Gala, during the London Film Festival, on October 13, 2017 in London, England.

tFwSrzG.jpg

Hong Chau attends Lifetime Achievement Award Reception at Suna Residence during Hamptons International Film Festival 2017 - Day Three on October 7, 2017 in East Hampton, New York.

lNEqr8O.jpg

Hong Chau attends the red carpet for Variety's 10 Actors To Watch photo call at Nick & Toni's during Hamptons International Film Festival 2017 - Day Three on October 7, 2017 in East Hampton, New York.

fSv6vvy.jpg

Hong Chau attends the "Downsizing" premiere during the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival at The Elgin on September 11, 2017 in Toronto, Canada.

HPv4cgu.jpg

(L-R) Actors Matt Damon, Hong Chau and Christoph Waltz attend the "Downsizing" press conference during the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival at TIFF Bell Lightbox on September 10, 2017 in Toronto, Canada.

a1C5rOo.jpg

zimbio.com​

Hong Chau walks the red carpet ahead of the 'Downsizing' screening and Opening Ceremony during the 74th Venice Film Festival at Sala Grande on August 30, 2017 in Venice, Italy.

AdXGjnF.jpg

aL8df5F.jpg

Hong Chau attends the 'Downsizing' photocall during the 74th Venice Film Festival on August 30, 2017 in Venice, Italy.

2Xmmbmb.jpg

W Magazine's Best Performances.

gkhcVn0.jpg

Photographs by Juergen Teller; Styled by Edward Enninful

Hong Chau in Downsizing

"I am Vietnamese, and we don’t celebrate birthdays. My parents don’t actually know their birth dates—they just go by their signs. When somebody asks you how old you are, you say, 'I’m born this month in the Year of the…' I was born in the Year of the Sheep. Sheep don’t like to be the center of attention, and they don’t like being told what to do. That pretty much sums me up."

Hong Chau wears an Etro dress; Chanel Fine Jewelry earrings; Tiffany & Co. ring.
zimbio.com​

Last edited by a moderator:
Actor Hong Chau attends The 75th Annual Golden Globe Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 7, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California.

a0v05EU.jpg

fTeHESW.jpg

zimbio.com​

Actor Hong Chau attends The 23rd Annual Critics' Choice Awards at Barker Hangar on January 11, 2018 in Santa Monica, California.

fn3WA3S.jpg

Ak7KPSI.jpg

zimbio.com​

Actor Hong Chau attends the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 21, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

raLBiAv.jpg

1rvuNvj.jpg

zimbio.com​

She's great and super cute. I like her style but I wish she'd (and probably everyone) would stay away from dresses that overuse lace, especially in pastel colours

She's had some wonderful red carpet looks.

Actress Hong Chau at the Virtuosos Award Presented By UGG during The 33rd Santa Barbara International Film Festival at Arlington Theatre on February 3, 2018 in Santa Barbara, California.

TNOfzi7.jpg

aOezwV4.jpg

zimbio.com​

Hong Chau attends the Runway To Red Carpet, hosted by Council of Fashion Designers of America, Variety and WWD at Chateau Marmont on February 20, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.

862TuoK.jpg

xe5BPpL.jpg

zimbio.com​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonic boom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->