Hong Kong Streetstyle

before I came here, I was imagining what the posts would be like. there are a lot of students from HK in vancouver. I can't take how every piece of clothing they have looks so childish! cute this cute that! ah! bunny ears on hoodies?! GAH! please take it away.

Really? I thought a lot of childish and cute came from Taiwan:lol:

before I came here, I was imagining what the posts would be like. there are a lot of students from HK in vancouver. I can't take how every piece of clothing they have looks so childish! cute this cute that! ah! bunny ears on hoodies?! GAH! please take it away.

I too own a kitty hoodie and a panda hat; but they are for Halloween.:innocent: So yeah, reserve those for special occasions only please.

My sister fell victim to this cute-mania couple years ago; I had to b**tchslap some senses into her. Thankfully she took my advice and bought clothes that can be re-worn by another legit adult.B) She still uses Disney & Sanrio characters stationery though.:doh:

i do agree that theirs is the most generic and safe of all the Asian street style posted before but there are some interesting looks

Hong Kong 1.jpg Hong Kong 2.jpg

Hong Kong 3.jpg Hong Kong 4.jpg

Hong Kong 5-1.jpg Hong Kong 5-2.jpg

Hong Kong 5-3.jpg Hong Kong 6.jpg

Hong Kong 7.jpg Hong Kong 8.jpg

Source: lanecrawford.com (photos by Tommy Ton of Jak & Jil)

Last edited by a moderator:
^those are very good, i am pleasantly surprised

edit: both #64 and 65

posts 64 and 65 are amazing but sadly most of the people are not really Hong Kongers.

im wondering.... if these are shot by lane crawford...then they were doing catalog/commerical shot but not the real streetstyle. anyone agrees?

^ Looking at the photos again, you're probably correct.

Among these photos were some shot in Tokyo, which seem a bit more "authentic" than these... :unsure:

yes those tokyo shots seem more "nature" and "not posing"...if you know what I mean

but it is a good start!:flower::flower:

i heart hk:heart:

THIS PAST AUGUST, MY DEAR FRIENDS OVER AT LANE CRAWFORD INVITED ME OVER TO HONG KONG TO STYLE HUNT AND SNAP SOME OF THE CITY’S MOST STYLISH INDIVIDUALS. THE IMAGES CAN NOW BE SEEN ON LANECRAWFORD.COM IN ADDITION TO THE EXCLUSIVE IMAGES FROM FASHION MONTH TAKEN BY ME.
More photos... :innocent:
Hong Kong_19.jpg Hong Kong_20.jpg

Hong Kong_21.jpg Hong Kong_22.jpg

Source: jakandjil.com and lanecrawford.com (by Tommy Ton)

some great pics in the most recent posts -but i somehow don't think its authentic streetstyle? :ermm:

^ yeah I don't think so either. These are way too monochrome (read:cool) for Hong Kong style.

More photos... :innocent:

Source: jakandjil.com and lanecrawford.com (by Tommy Ton)

The second one (woman in white dress) looks like Sarah Rutson (the buyer at Lane Crawford) so yes, I do think some of the shots were set up...

I'm returning to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and I'll be doing hopefully a lot of street style pics ! I am always amazed by the diversity there !

There are like, no photos in here which look like HK street style :blink:

First of all there are no pics of people wearing trucker caps + a t shirt with a stupid garish design + shorts + converse + huge framed glasses. Oh yea, and of course - Gucci canvas bag/ LV / Agnes B. :innocent:

hahahaah oh yeah the Agnes Bs for sure! Something I never got to understand.

There are like, no photos in here which look like HK street style :blink:

First of all there are no pics of people wearing trucker caps + a t shirt with a stupid garish design + shorts + converse + huge framed glasses. Oh yea, and of course - Gucci canvas bag/ LV / Agnes B. :innocent:

hahah yes thats looks a lot like HK style ! I'll definitely take pictures of that and post it here !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->