how about red

Reaction score
Is red anticipated to be a 'big' colour soon?

Seems like a reasonable step from the pastels and pinks - a more conservative colour that is neither boring nor blue. Plus it goes well with brown, and someone in the industry on this board had previously mentioned that an 'industrial' turn of the century trend is likely to crop up soon.

Seems like red would be a nice option to offset the 'dreariness' of such a wardrobe, without clashing too harshly.

personally...
i have really been feeling 'red' lately...
and have steadily been adding it to my wardrobe...

yohji yamamoto said about 'red'...

'it is not a colour. it is a light'......

i do think that the contrast between black and red creates lovely drama in a very elegant way...
:heart:

I love red, the only way I've been adding it lately is through scarlet and deep red nail polish. Once I start getting some money coming in I plan to get a gorgeous red coat, I think its such a staple, they just look so classic and are a nice change from the beige or black usually worn.

I think red is a bit of a rebellion from the pastel shades of late as you say halifaxshayman, and it's quite a logical step from the whole 'ethnic' feel currently about, the earth colours; oranges, browns.

i have it on my nails love it:heart:

and i used it as a lining in a bag i made a bright red satin to contrast the khaki green used on the outside:flower:

i think im loving it in small doses to set of different things in my wardrobe

softgrey said:
personally...
i have really been feeling 'red' lately...
and have steadily been adding it to my wardrobe...

yohji yamamoto said about 'red'...

'it is not a colour. it is a light'......

i do think that the contrast between black and red creates lovely drama in a very elegant way...
:heart:

Nick Knight did some photos for Yamamoto with black/red contrast didn't he? Very strong silhouettes.

Valentino will be pleased...

Christian Lacroix HC s/s 2005

00130f6jm.jpg

Red has been an important colour since a couple of seasons IMO, it's been everywhere.

Agreed, but it's not as prominent as other colors. I can see it make a huge comeback. But personnally, red is too much for me. I like like vibrant colors. But red nail polish is def hot.

OMG!!! Psychic people! I just made an outfit in red. Normally I don't buy red even though I've been told countless times that it suits my pale colouring. A friend bought me material for a dress and she chose red and I must admit I LOVE it! I'll try and post pics later.

I love red sooo much. I got into it around December when I really started adding red and other redish tones to my wardrobe, it is soo vibrant that it just perks up any outfit. I think red is due for a comeback, after purple has it's run through, I think purple is going to be hot for S/S 06.

fab_fifties_fille said:
I love red, the only way I've been adding it lately is through scarlet and deep red nail polish. Once I start getting some money coming in I plan to get a gorgeous red coat, I think its such a staple, they just look so classic and are a nice change from the beige or black usually worn.

I think red is a bit of a rebellion from the pastel shades of late as you say halifaxshayman, and it's quite a logical step from the whole 'ethnic' feel currently about, the earth colours; oranges, browns.

My nan just got a red coat, my aunt saw it and went out and got the same one (if only to annoy my grandma) and yesterday I look out my window to see my neighbour has got a similar red coat. ^_^

didnt everyone fall in love with this s/s 05 yamamoto gown?? the delicate pleats in firey read made my heart skip a beat... everything is just so...

00380f.jpg

tott said:
Red has been an important colour since a couple of seasons IMO, it's been everywhere.

I reckon red has always been there just under the radar. It hasn't been a base/safe colour like black or blue have, and it hasn't been presented as a 'live' colour like pink which (quite obviously) hit big this spring with the mass fashion (i.e. gap).

I saw a kid (well, erm, he were probably a university student, but 'kid' fits) riding his bike a couple of months ago wearing brown trousers and a crisp red jumper. And I was surprised by how much it struck me, in fact the image is still vivid in my mind. It is an incredibly good combination. I like the red top, black trousers combo alright, but the red over brown feels more organic ... perhaps less pretentious, more welcoming in some way. The accessible, salt of the earth, working class sense emitted by brown is given a bit of backbone and vitality by the quiet decadence of red. ...fascinating stuff, innit?

Diorling said:
I think red is due for a comeback, after purple has it's run through, I think purple is going to be hot for S/S 06.

Paul Smith is a fella who knows a thing or two about how to do purple well.

Best pray it doesn't get featured the way pink or white are. Purple is a dangerous colour to be bandied about wrecklessly by mainstream retail fashion.:ninja: The results could be devastating. :P

cowboyboots said:
i have it on my nails love it:heart:

so do i as i type :D
red is huge in my book, used it both for ss05 and for the fw05.06 season (by itself and also combined with black)
from the fw05.06 catwalks, i could spot quite lots of red there, in interesting shades, from 'clear' red to orange/rd and to rubin/red, so i guess red is here to stay :wink:

here, first post by DVF fw05.06
the other two pics by Ghost fw05.06

Attachments

• DVF red.jpg
    DVF red.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gost c coral.jpg
    gost c coral.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2
  • gost geranium.jpg
    gost geranium.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1