i-D/SHOWstudio raise money for Oxfam

helena

Swim Upstream
Reaction score
Project Description

Last Updated 30/8/2005

An invitation was sent out in early July to SHOWstudio viewers and contributors alike to send in their favourite garments for this project, which takes advantage of SHOWstudio’s global audience to raise money for Oxfam, whilst exploring themes of provenance and recycling in fashion. In addition, they were asked to complete a form, detailing basic information about the item’s original owner and its history. All items received form the basis of a major fashion shoot for the October 2005 issue of i-D magazine, which is being curated by Nick Knight. On 27, 28 & 29 July, a cast of superstylists including Katie Grand, Simon Foxton, Nicola Formichetti, Nancy Rohde, Jonathan Kaye, Katy England, Alister Mackie and Zoe Bedeaux among many others, style a host of fashion models, actors and dancers including Erin O’Connor, Naomi Campbell, Leo Gregory and Karolina Kurkova using a selection of items submitted by SHOWstudio viewers. After the shoot, all garments will be auctioned on EBay (using Nick Knight’s shots from the shoot to advertise each item) to raise money for i-D’s charity of choice, Oxfam.

> Auction

Last Updated 9/9/2005

All our Bring and Buy donations are to be auctioned online through e-Bay for the third-world charity Oxfam. The auction begins 20:00 GMT Sep 18, and ends 20:00 GMT Sep 25. You will need an eBay account to bid, and a credit/debit card to pay.

All items are to be listed here with full descriptions and images ten days in advance of the Auction start.

Please come back on Sep 8 to browse through the items for sale.

gemma3d.jpg

The new issue of i-D magazine is just out, and is well worth the cover price - just for the cover alone.

SHOWstudio's BRING & BUY shoot is featured, as part of the entire issue guest edited by Nick Knight. Gemma Ward features on the most striking cover seen on the newstands this month, created using a 3D scanner.

You can experience Gemma as a 3D interactive image, created by Kevin Stenning at Rapido3D, but you will require the 'Cult 3D' plug-in to enable it to work in your browser. Click here to view the interactive cover. Most of you won't have this plug-in, but it's a very quick and easy installation if go to http://www.cult3d.com/download/viewer/

By Studio, 18:26 Friday, 9 September | Click to view this project

^^^^source - all from www.showstudio.com

some great stuff there...I see one item donated by 'kofi annan, New York' - will that be THE Kofi annan?

I think this is such a great idea. I read about it in the independent I think. There's some real classy items that have been donated, as well as a few interesting ones. It's a fantastic overall project though. A chance for individual designers to gain some exposure too.

I have a feeling this Emma Cook jacket from her AW 05|06 collection will be an interesting auction.

Attachments

• emma cook1.JPG
    emma cook1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
jhaime I agree - its an interesting project and a good cause.

none of the menswear pieces listed comes in eu44/46? :(

I'm gonna be competing with so many ppl here to nab those items! I have like 12 items on watch! But I reckon the bids will go sky high like an hour beforehand so I might end up with nothing!

me too. That dress from lot #64 is cool but I shouldn't be talking it up :innocent:

Lot 16 and 25 :heart: and 78...I bet that will sell for alot.

I think the blue customised topman hoodie is great too...

lot #117 + #118 :woot:
if i had a credit card i could be doing alot of damage right now . . :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->