Bring & Buy - Another Showstudio Project

Estella*

a dim capacity for wings
Reaction score
the project
An invitation was sent out in early July to SHOWstudio viewers and contributors alike to send in their favourite garments for this project, which takes advantage of SHOWstudio’s global audience to raise money for Oxfam, whilst exploring themes of provenance and recycling in fashion. In addition, they were asked to complete a form, detailing basic information about the item’s original owner and its history. All items received form the basis of a major fashion shoot for the October 2005 issue of i-D magazine, which is being curated by Nick Knight. On 27, 28 & 29 July, a cast of superstylists including Katie Grand, Simon Foxton, Nicola Formichetti, Nancy Rohde, Jonathan Kaye, Katy England, Alister Mackie and Zoe Bedeaux among many others, style a host of fashion models, actors and dancers including Erin O’Connor, Naomi Campbell, Leo Gregory and Karolina Kurkova using a selection of items submitted by SHOWstudio viewers. After the shoot, all garments will be auctioned on EBay (using Nick Knight’s shots from the shoot to advertise each item) to raise money for i-D’s charity of choice, Oxfam.

the next step
After sending us in your favourite garments for over a fortnight, SHOWstudio viewers can see their submissions being styled by a stellar cast of stylists including Katy England, Judy Blame, Venetia Scott, Nicola Formichetti and Alister Mackie on a host of their muses and celebrity models including Tilda Swinton for Nick Knight’s October issue of i-D. Watch events unfold via the live video stream and send in your questions for the team, courtesy of the rolling Q&A.

some results:
Stylist: Jonathan Kaye Model: Naomi Campbell
Garments used: Vintage 'female trouble' T-shirt from Rellik; black stretch corset top worn as a mini-skirt by Ebru Ercon, sunglasses donated by Yoko Ono, black velvet and red patent leather wedges from Tom Ford's last collection for YSL and lace knickers by MYLA. The silver belly chain and black leather and silver chain choker are Naomi's own.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 8
Stylist: Jacob K Model: Russel Stone, Singer in 'The House of Cards'.
Garments used: Jumpsuit donated by BLUR, black leather lace-up wedges by A.F. Vandevorst and motorcycle helmet donated by BLUR.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
Stylist: Erika Kurihara Model: KT Shillingford
Garments used: Zip-up silk top donated by BLUR; leather skirt/dress by Camilla Staerk donated by the designer; black velvet and red patent leather wedges from Tom Ford's last collection for YSL, hat by Hermès and tights by Jonathan Aston.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
Stylist: Jacob K Model: Erin O'Connor
Garments used: Black, lycra, sleeveless turtle-necked top by Fogal, tights (worn on head) by Campagnard, Tights (worn on arms and legs) by Emilio Cavallini, hounds-tooth skirt by Wolford padded out by ballerina skirts from Rokit, black and white stretch-silk corset, yellow pom-pom neckpiece by Jo Gordon and black, leather lace-up ankle boots by Jil Sander.
Also considered: Ivory skirt by Diesel; Maid's uniform by Manuela Pavesi; Bernard Willhelm coat from YOOX; silk garter belt from Agent Provocateur; Black, silk, boned corset by Myla; wool and lace corset by TAO (Comme des Garcons); panelled jumpsuit by Pam Hogg; White, opaque stockings by FUNN, black, leather lace-up wedged shoes by A.F. Vandevorst; metallic, bronze leather shoes by A.F. Vandevorst; velvet headband by Crisco Collection and white cotton crocheted socks; black leather long-sleeved gloves with button detail; black lycra-mix gloves and black sating stretch corset, all from Steinberg & Tolkein.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
Stylist: Katie Grand Model: Erin O'Connor
Garments used: White linen bed sheet by Nicole Farhi, Converse All Stars, Metallic fishnet stockings (worn as fingerless gloves) by Jonathan Aston and Hambro 'Just Spray' fluorescent paint.
Also considered: Two T-shirt dress by Ines Majouskis and coat by Naoki Kaizawa for Issey Miyake.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
Cool idea!! And for Oxfam!

I want the female trouble shirt. Fifty bucks to Oxfam, think they'd give it to me?

thanks anna...cool project...
i love that there are people who are doing this kind of stuff...
:flower:

Very cool idea....but I thought it was the viewers of showstudio that were supposed to donate the items...not just designers and celebs?

:heart::heart::heart:
Stylist: Alister Mackie & Katy England Models: Ivan Putrov, Principle Dancer at The Royal Ballet, Covent Garden, and Daria Pavlenko, Prima Ballerina at The Kirov Ballet www.daria-pavlenko.com
Garments used: Vintage Alexander McQueen silk chiffon strapless dress with multicoloured feather print from Alexander McQueen; waistband and headband made with vintage ribbons from Portabello Road Antique Market and strips of fabric from Alexander McQueen; vintage Alexander McQueen skirt (fabric as before) from Alexander McQueen.
Also Considered: Leather German motorcycle pants by Jean Paul Gaultier from Gilles Rosier; leather biker jacket with studs and fringing from DSquared2; black thigh boots with lace-up detail from Stella McCartney; black and white scull print chiffon scarves from Alexander McQueen; black leather men's boots with leather strap detail by Neil Barrett.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11
Erin looks gorgeous, thanks for the pics and this thread Anna K :flower:

i like katie grand's interpretation of the bed sheet the best, though i wouldnt plop any money down for it...:lol:

this is sooooo cool!!!!

thanx for bringing this in anna:flower:

my favorite (both in acutal image and clothing) is in post number 5, but who can resist this handknit peter jensen doll? :heart: i can't wait to see what all this stuff goes for on ebay.

EDIT: does anyone know when it's going on ebay or what username they will have? the show studio site can be very confusing.

Attachments

• bw and peter jensen doll.jpg
    bw and peter jensen doll.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
i totally missed this thread! i've been lurking around showstudio for the past few days now ;P. i love the bjork swan dress :blush:

thanks anna :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->