If Yamamoto loses 'it', where does 'it' go?

softgrey said:
now i need the yohji book, the yohji mag and the yohji movie...

an i need to see that film where yohji did the costumes...

i have a lot to do...:lol: ...good thing i don't have a job...:innocent: ...

You can buy the magazine and the book at the boutique :flower: .

Thanks for the info, Kit! You are wonderful :flower:

LMAO...:lol:...

thx fausty...thx kit...
how much for the mag faust?...

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny said:
you won't be saying that once he starts correcting your terminological accuracy!

DON'T GET ME STARTED !!! :shock: :wink: :lol:

Incidentally , the film is one million times better than the two Yves Saint Laurent films , on one DVD , made by David Taboul .

That DVD is literally like watching paint dry ; it's so slow moving and painful watching the drug - damaged Yves go through the motions .

The Yohji DVD is a MUST . :heart:

Johnny said:
you won't be saying that once he starts correcting your terminological accuracy!

:lol:

Softie, the mag is $20. If you are going today, we can meet (I can't get out of my mind some women's Yohji pieces that I saw yesterday). We are due for the good-bye lunch anyway, since I am moving to Wall Street :cry:

omg...that's right!!...ok...how about 12:30pm and lunch at sunrise mart?...

softgrey said:
omg...that's right!!...ok...how about 12:30pm and lunch at sunrise mart?...

Deal. Meet you at the Yohji store at 12:30 :flower:

faust said:
Deal. Meet you at the Yohji store at 12:30 :flower:

You have no idea how much that one little sentence makes me jealous... (Not that I'm stalking softie or anything!)

Johnny said:
You have no idea how much that one little sentence makes me jealous... (Not that I'm stalking softie or anything!)

New York is calling... :innocent: :flower:

wonderful article! thanx:flower:

Faust--that's where the new job is :shock:

Johnny said:
I'd like to see this film also. What did you think of A Faust?

Ooop, sorry, totally missed your post. I love it so far. I only read the first 3 interviews, though. Great interview with Yohji and Charlotte Rampling.

purechris said:
Faust--that's where the new job is :shock:

Yes, unfortunately. I'll be all over Manhttan though, on projects. This company is moving down there anyway, so the location was no longer a factor. Otherwise I'd think harder.

ok, by now i'm probably infamous for posting/quoting articles and or websites but i couldn't resist...i am a fan of people's interpretations...

French electronic musician Jean-Michel Jarre once defined Yohji Yamamoto's style like this: "For me, a woman in Yohji is like a nymphomaniac nun. His clothes are at once sensual and very ritualistic."

from yohji yamamoto: talking to myself book and it says 'He currently lives in Japan with long-time partner Rei Kawakubo, and relaxes by playing harmonica with a band called Suicide City'

another yohji quote from an article that travolta posted in another thread...thx travolta...:flower:...

Yamamoto explained his philosophy in this way (Duka 1983: 63:(

Men’s clothing is more pure in design. It’s more simple and has no decoration. Women want that. When I started designing, I wanted to make men’s clothes for women. But there were no buyers for it. Now there are. I always wonder who decided that there should be a difference in the clothes of men and women. Perhaps men decided this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauras
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->