Imitation of Christ S/S 07 NYC

this collection is just all over the place...
i really expected some better looks from her

i applaud the casting since it's so different but it really does seem to mask that she doesn't have anything all that great to adorn them with...

some of the looks are ok.. the best thing was the outfit tara herself was wearing imo

The casting threw me off a bit... reminds me of that Galliano collection modeled by real models and circus performers/random people.

Looking at more pictures, I withdraw my better than usual comment. Why does Tara have to make such ugly clothes when she's so stylish herself?

It is like everyone said scattered. I loved that cape/raincoat trench. But the lame bodysuits look like they came from American Apparel...and I bet you they're going to come out with it soon. It's all too much for me. I'd rather look on japanese street style sites instead.

Hey, the 5th model down in post #34 looks like Nnenna from last season's America's Next Top Model! I guess this runway presentation at least has that going for it.

i like it! as in its weird but really appealing and you can just imagine wearing the pieces though not in that combination. plus i like it when designers use more normal people to model because honestly, i thk modelly models make pretty much everything look good. its daring and different and i love the asian influences :smile:

KhaoticKharma said:
Why does Tara have to make such ugly clothes when she's so stylish herself?

Going shopping is a lot easier than designing.

haruki said:
Hey, the 5th model down in post #34 looks like Nnenna from last season's America's Next Top Model! I guess this runway presentation at least has that going for it.

Yeea I noticed that too! I'm on the same page as everyone, interesting casting, sad/pathetic designs...

Maybe if she made better clothing everyone in the industry wouldn't dislike her as much? lol

aww i'm soooo disappointed!! up until now i loved all of her stuff. what a let down. i've seen it all before.

from wwd.

SCARLETT JEWEL: In what could become a new celebrity-at-fashion-show trend, Scarlett Johansson was said to be waiting in a car outside the Imitation of Christ show venue Sunday night, and only emerged once the runway was cleared and the models were ready to step out. Johansson came to the show to present her jewelry collaboration with IOC designer Tara Subkoff, labeled S.J. & Tito Jewelry. "I have been friends with Tara for a very long time," Johansson said. "We spend a lot of time shopping for antique jewelry. It was fun to design the jewelry."

Johansson, who walked the runway at last year's IOC denim launch, has no intention to repeat her runway experience any time soon. "I think I have had my fill," she said. "After all, I am an actor."

I do like the casting but the clothes are horrible with the exception of a few pieces, i personally like the denim collection she did last year.

My god, could she get any worse? and the models she's casted...wtf? the only 'model' on there is anne watanabe, it's great that someone is branching out more into the asian market but is it necessary to put 40 year old haggard looking people on the catwalk?

does anyone know who reps for imitation now? it used to be showroom seven but didnt it change?

I like the first dress Carmen is wearing...everything else is pretty ugly.

Does any one know where to buy the jewelry? There was a fish necklace that I wanted...

the fish necklace was probably from the SJ + Tito collaboration with scarlett johansson. the necklace was in elle magazine and just listed a phone number to call if i remember correctly.

Yeah, I saw the pic in Bazaar (it is SJ & Tito) but I lost it so I do not have the number :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonandluna
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->