trendland.com

article-0-170C2728000005DC-827_634x838.jpg

photography by Helmut Newton in British Vogue, 1967
dailymail.co.uk
aeroplane.jpg

Norman Parkinson
thesmallgalleon.blogspot.com
Vogue Paris October 2017 Ulrikke Hoyer by Charlotte Wales

Not an editorial image, but this iconic runway opening was the first thing my mind went to.

As for fashion images, off the top of my head there's Rihanna's Amelia Earhart themed cover story for Harper's Bazaar. I used to love Glenda's subscribers and limited covers, they were always so playful and I loved the modern remakes of vintage Bazaar imagery.

gallery-1486413732-hbz-march-2017-rihanna-01.jpg

Harper's Bazaar

Wow, no one's posted in this thread since the last calendar year...

I'm looking for a photo by Helmut Newton that I remember seeing in his TFS thread, but I imagine the thumbnail is broken now. Was searching for it for ages yesterday to no avail, despite finding some other images I was looking for.

All I can remember is that it was of a brunette on an escalator wearing a fur coat. I seem to remember it being from a Vogue Paris editorial and the year that stuck with me was 1976, but I suppose it could be anytime during the mid 70s. Backdrop looked more LA than Monaco, but what do I know. I'm sure the photo was one of the inspirations for Craig McDean's 'No Photos Please' editorial in Interview from a decade ago.

Any help would be appreciated of course :flower:.

@Fiercification I had a look through the Helmut Newton book Pages From the Glossies, because I think I know exactly what photo you're referring to, but had no luck! :(

I'm trying to find the rest of this editorial, it was shot by Guy Bourdin for Vogue Paris August 1978. I *think* it might be entirely Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld, because it was shot at Grand-Champ.

I *think* there's one picture of a model laying in front of a fireplace with the flame rising, but I can't find the photo online anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

strip-project

chloe-by-karl-lagerfeld-photography-guy-bourdin-vogue-paris-august-1978-1726_o.jpg

^Thank you blueorchid (BTW it's good to see you back on here again :smile:). Hopefully we'll both come across the photos/edits we're looking for. Newton's work isn't archived anywhere like Trunk Archive, is it?

Does anyone know where I can find the Karl Lagerfeld article/interview from the September 2006 issue of Harpers Bazaar please?

Does anyone know where I can find the Karl Lagerfeld article/interview from the September 2006 issue of Harpers Bazaar please?

If you're located in the US, a lot of public libraries and universities offer free access to the entire digital archive of Harper's Bazaar (both British and American) so that would be your safest bet.

Hi everyone, I want to ask besides reading magazines and go to models.com, FMD, thefashionisto, fashiongonerogue, what other ways can quickly access to the latest issue of the editiorials?

Does anyone happen to have these two images from Avedon's F/W94 Versace campaign/catalogue in high resolution? I'd greatly appreciate it x

gianniversacedonna94fw5.jpg
gianniversacedonna94fw4.jpg

uomoclassico

When searching for old September issues of US Harper's Bazaar I saw this. I never knew they made hardbound copies of their September issue in 2012.

Photo from kcgoods108 of ebay.

Screenshot_20230303_111150_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20230303_111136_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20230303_111052_eBay.jpg

Anyone have this issue of Vogue Paris October 1999?

il_570xN.3602901128_ea6i.jpg

etsy.com

Thank you :blush:

Could someone help me find a picture?

I don't know if it's Natalia Vodianova or Malgosia Bela, but it's a model with brown hair, I think in front of a truck and a male model with his hand tucked inside her shorts/pants at the front.

Thanks!

Well, I just joined Twitter to try to reach out to Jaime King. Obviously she's not following me and I gather that tweeting directly at her as I've done below will at least send her a notification that I've done so (but doesn't mean that she'll read the tweets and I also have no way of knowing if she has or hasn't unless she replies). I at least need to know she has read it, one way or the other.

Thoughts on the tweets I've done so far? I've got one more tweet (3/3) in reserve...if anybody has anything great I ought to be saying now is the time to tell me...

She does appear to be on Twitter very infrequently but is regularly on Instagram. I will join that and try there in a couple of weeks if nothing comes from Twitter.

View attachment 1191502

Any updates on this? Curious to know if you found the photo you were looking for.

Many years ago, I stumbled across a website where I could view and download any editorial from any fashion magazine.
It wasn't an file-sharing website where people just uploaded images and PDFs; that website was a database only for fashion magazine editorials, which means that I wasn't reading whole magazines with all their advertisements, but only the editorials.
Does anyone know the name of this website? I somehow forgot the name of this website entirely, and I've tried Googling 'fashion magazine editorial database' but couldn't find this website.
I need to read some fashion magazine back issues from 2009 and 2010 that have no digital copies, and my mother has banned me from purchasing second-hand magazines, so I need a way to read the editorials in those back issues online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->