J. Mendel Bags

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From Fashion Wire Daily

By Karin Nelson

Fashion Wire Daily NY August 22, 2003 - The summer heat has apparently left J. Mendel feeling frisky. The luxury fur-turned-fashion-house - known for dressing polite, young society things - has just unleashed a "Rebel Collection" of handbags for holiday '03.

Though not quite of the Sid Vicious sort, the new line is rebellious, in a sense: The "Brando" and "J. Dean" bags literally turn the notion of luxury inside out, with the fur on the inside and alligator skin on the outside.

"The collection pushes the envelope of established luxury, and redefines the concept of opulence," states the company, which has been known to raise eyebrows, interest, and credit-card debt with their innovations in fur. And these little numbers will no doubt do the same.

Structured in alligator, with a double-sided handle and a mink interior lining, "The Brando" bag is available in two sizes: one to be worn over the shoulder ($6,400) and one handheld ($4,800).

"The J. Dean" Bag, an unstructured sac crafted out of sheared mink with alligator detailing, comes with two alligator side pockets, presumably for easy access of the keys to your Shelby Cobra and a sterling silver flask of JD. The price for such defiant luxury? $5,900.

J.Dean

The Brando

It's okay ... for someone in their 50's. :rolleyes:

sorry but I don't like them. :yuk: I don't see what's so "rebellious" about them. and what's with the naming concept? do they really think calling them "j.dean" and "the brando" is going to up their cool-factor? :rolleyes:

I would love to own one of those bags - I think that they are both fantastic. I do like the exotics that are around and the fur just adds that touch of glamour to them.

I like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->