Jacquemus S/S 2024 : Imaan Hammam by Theo de Gueltzl

When I think about campaigns with models supposed to evoke sculptures, I think about Natasha Poly in her Jil Sander SS2009 campaign almost looking like a Giacometti sculpture.

Imaan in Jacquemus will never be part of that equation for me.
She is beautiful but this is lackluster.

Very lackluster indeed. The accessories shots instantly remind me of 1987 Christy by Meisel, so that's fun. Otherwise it's all quite dull to me.

You are all a bit harsh, it's not supposed to channel rail-thin Giacomettis, picture 5 is a very direct reference to L'Air by Aristide Maillol, with Dina Vierny, so a fuller model makes total sense.
For anyone living in Paris, it's very reminiscent of the Maillol sculptures in the Carroussel du Louvre gardens, mixed with the Jean-Paul Goude campaigns for the Galeries Lafayette we used to see in the metro stations...
Imho there is many more thoughts and ideas in this campaign than in the vast majority of the SS24 campaigns.

I need the bags!!!! I want to wear them to my next flight to Helsinki! Chic!!!!

I agree. I don't think she's the right model for the concept of this campaign. Adut would've been a better choice or Mila van Eaten.
Mila yes. But Adut is not that ‘lean’ anymore- whatever ‘lean’ was supposed to mean in the original comment

This made my day. Never been a favourite of this brand especially with its campaign casting past few seasons (and yes the clothes). But this shows what a difference it makes to the collection/campaign when you pick a good model even when the clothes are mediocre at best

+ Habib Masovic for Menswear

JACQUEMUS SS24 Les Sculptures
(jacquemus facebook)

IMG_7706.jpegIMG_7707.jpegIMG_7704.jpegIMG_7705.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonb199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"