Jamaican Models

Rare Pefection - Hercules Magazine (w/ Kimanie Farquharson)

67446-800w.jpg

source: Models.com

O'Shea Robertson

Born in the UK (1993) but claims Jamaican heritage

Oshea-Robertson-Select-Model-Management-The-Model-Wall-FTAPE_1.jpg

Oshea-Robertson-Select-Model-Management-The-Model-Wall-FTAPE_2.jpg

He cites his abs as his best feature, however I think his brooding eyes are a standout.

source: FTAPE

Oreintha for Gus and Stella photography. More in her thread

hat1_flat_lips.jpg

Credits: Model, Oreintha at D1. Styling by Marina de Magalhães. Hair by Julia K. Make-up by Prisca Hofer.

Source: gusandstella.com

Amazing thread, of Amazingly beautiful people, thank you Lanzo! Makes me VERY to be from the land of wood and water, and evidently also stunning people :D

But I'm surprised there's no mention of Grace Jones, Naomi Campbell and Tyson Beckford o_O

Amazing thread, of Amazingly beautiful people, thank you Lanzo! Makes me VERY to be from the land of wood and water, and evidently also stunning people :D

But I'm surprised there's no mention of Grace Jones, Naomi Campbell and Tyson Beckford o_O

Because those 3 have already made their mark, I wanted to highlight the current stars who (people might not know) came from Jamaica or are of Jamaican heritage. But you're free to post them if you wish :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aneita Moore

Saint International CEO Deiwght Peters has announced that a slew of his new faces have earned coveted spots in the development division of the world's top agencies in New York City.

"At a time when the global model competition is intense, I am pleased that Saint has been able to get our models through the doors of the best agencies," Peters noted.

At a time when the business is cited for favouritism to Caucasian models, and where there is a raging sentiment against racial imbalance with certain agencies and clients in the business, it is remarkable that a Jamaican agency continues to break records with getting new faces through the doors of the world's most selective agencies.

"It's all about the quality of the models we present and the grooming applied before they are presented to the world," Peters pointed out.
New faces who will start on their international quest for fame and fortune include 15-year-old Queens High school student Mackella Moo Young, who has been signed to NEXT Models in New York. She joins fellow Saint model Ashane Rose at what is dubbed one of the world's top-five agencies, with branches in London, Milan and Paris.

Aneita Moore joins Donald Trump's Trump Model Management in the 'Big Apple'. There she joins supermodels Anais Pouillat and Ataui Deng.
Red Models, known for their male superstars, has signed on Guadeloupian Rainer Boucard and Denham Town resident Kimali Morgan. This brings the tally to three, the number of Saint male models at Red. The agency had confirmed Chadwick Simpson during a casting call with Saint International earlier this year.

"We at Red respect Deiwght's distinctive selection of male models. We only work with the best male models and he is known in the business to have the best eye for model faces in Jamaica," said George Brown, Red director.
Brown's comments may be justified in part from Saint's feature in last year's groundbreaking article in V-Man Magazine citing it among the best international agencies in the business. It was the only Caribbean agency so featured.

"Now that the models are signed, it's time for them to start development, which involves shoots for their portfolios as new faces," Peters explained.
They have to learn personal styling, interview techniques, among other skills that would be important to their success.Indeed, over time, the models will also earn representation in the other major markets of London, Paris and Milan.

This past show season, Saint International had approximately 15 Jamaican models making appearances for the world's best designers during the Spring Summer 2012 collections in New York, London, Milan and Paris.
source: http://jamaica-gleaner.com

Attachments

• aneita moore.jpg
    aneita moore.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 7
Gaye McDonald for The One Magazine
Ph: Pieter Henket
Hair: Ben Skervin

70422-800w.jpg

70425-800w.jpg

source: models.com

Hmmmm...I'll need to see more pics of him. He just looks like any regular Jamaican.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->