Jason Wu S/S 2013 : Stephanie Seymour by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
SUPERMODEL MOMENT: Those who have seen paparazzi photos of Stephanie Seymour recently frolicking on the beach in St. Barth’s know she still hasn’t lost that supermodel magic. Those who didn’t, however, can now turn to Jason Wu’s spring ads for proof. Wu cast Seymour for his spring campaign, which, for the first time, was shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. The striking images, taken at legendary eatery La Grenouille, capture the spirit of the designer’s spring clothes.

“I wanted to cast a strong woman with definite sex appeal for my spring collection which was partly inspired by Helmut Newton’s provocative photographs,” Wu said. “Stephanie came to mind as the perfect muse for this collection and the fact that she has worked with Newton just made perfect sense.”

Seymour admires the designer equally much. “He looks like a 20-year-old FIT student, but has the skill of a great couturier of the past,” she said.

The campaign will run in spring editions of Love Magazine, Tank Magazine and Self Service, as well as outdoors in lower Manhattan during fashion week.
wwd.com

Attachments

• memo-wu.jpg
    memo-wu.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 152
Wow, it's like a stylized paparazzi shot that Lindsay Lohan would envy. Very in-your-face and decadent. Stephanie pulls this off! Any other model would be uncivilized.

Her face is all kinds of awkward and Jason Wu has been nothing but gimmicky with his campaign casting lately, pulling out those great supermodels to bring the point home when the photos in itself and just so unexcusably boring.

Her face and hair is beautiful but the total sum is a bit trashy. I don't like the lace leggings with the shoes and bag, but the blouse is very nice.

I don't like it at all. It looks so cheap, Jimmy Choo-ish.

When I opened the photo it looked so Jimmy Choo. Im happy that I&V are getting more campaigns this season but I rather see Vanderperre photographing it and this looks very cheap. The styling is very bad coming from such a classy colection.
The right photographer, the right model and the right clothes but it still went wrong.

another vote for 'this looks so Jimmy Choo'

not the worst comparison, but not the best either...

Eh... It was such a great collection and this ad just doesn't come close to conveying that.

Looks like he originally intended for the campaign to have that sense of brooding and atmospheric quality but instead got kitschy cabaret-esque vibe.

Also, Jason Wu needs to hire better creative people to revamp his brand identity and actually have one. The logo alone cheapens the whole thing.

Nice to see Stephanie although not sure about her expression.

What a afwul ad, i can't believe than I&V shot this. :ninja: Is more shot by Terry Richardson.

Gah, I'm SO sick of Stephanie Seymour. Sorry, but I don't find anything special about her. And when she produced those annoying wannabes I just developed a deep hatred. This ad is a blatant knockoff of Jimmy Choo ads. And it's sad that for a collection that included a lot of statement pieces that they go for something as weak as this.

The angle of Stephanie's face is weird. It looks quite uncomfortable. I got the direction of this ad thanks to the article, but the image itself is still unappealing and tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->