Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture S/S 2006 Paris

i like the long pink bubble hem dress...a lot, anda lot of it is very easy to wear:flower:

and what has mariacarla boscono done with her hair:cry:

i love this collection. i'm quite impressed with jpg now. i have a new respect for him, and i can't wait to see what he does for f/w 06. :woot:

Wait...I just found that same clip 2 days ago, and couldn't find this thread until now (our Search feature needs help!). Why isn't your post propping this up as an updated thread?

Anyways, gaultier_forever posted the clip of Erin on IG, which revived my interest here.

This is another collection where Gaultier demonstrates his mastery of textiles. One of the recent Schiaparelli collections featured those light, feather-ey fabrics, but whomever designed it somehow made it look heavy, cumbersome, and not so spring-friendly. Tsk tsk. (Hmmm, a Gaultier collection by Alber...oh, that's too much to think about on a Monday morning.)

I love how he designed some of the harem pants to resemble gowns. I don't know if that was intentional, but it certainly makes for some nice eye-candy. I also love how there's just a little bit of fantasy in the designs, but never going so overboard and taking it into costume territory. A stand-out effort, indeed.

And yes, the video is quite nice. Good shots of the whole outfits & details (which never get captured properly in the cell-phone clips of today.)

Thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koitoast
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->