Jean Paul Gaultier Pre-Fall 2011

Stereo_Flo

Reaction score
By Nicole Phelps

In line with the winning Couture collection he showed in Paris last week, Jean Paul Gaultier revisited his signatures for pre-fall. The camel trench reappeared as a sharply cut skirtsuit or a wide-legged pantsuit. Both the pencil skirt and trousers came with a doubled waistband, as if your lingerie were coming out for a sneak peek. That masculine/feminine mix turned up in other ways, too: A pinstripe jacket featured a ruched overlay on the front to give it an hourglass shape, and a strapless red cocktail dress was worn over a matching button-down and tie. Gaultier used the same shade of red for a knockout evening number that can be worn two ways. Unhook a loop from your right shoulder and your clingy knee-length silk jersey dress is suddenly a floor-length stunner. On the other side of the equation, the designer's sexy Le Smoking came with a black chiffon cape boasting satin lapels.

(style)

i love seeing jean-paul gaultier brought down to earth. this collection has that same madness from the couture, but in a way that every woman can pull off. great leather pieces.

Loving Jean-Paul Gaultier at the moment! Like the cropped camel jacket in the second shot. Those patent heels are also great... The colours, prints, jackets and design detailing are all fantastic. One of my favourite pre-fall collections thus far..

This is an outstanding pre-fall collection! Perfectly wearable, but not at all dull.

It's so chic, but in that Gaultier fetishy kinda way. The boots are super sexy.

Love, love, love this. If this is just the preview, the full, head on collection will be supreme.

This is the Gaultier I adore: Refined, restrained, but still rebellious. This preview reminds me of early 2000-Gaultier, when his Couture line was so achingly refined, timeless, ageless and luxurious even Saint Laurent would be gasping. It's never kitschy, costumey, or just a blatant rip-off-- unlike some designers out there who are doing the YSL-thing. :innocent:

Best preview so far.

Really really good. Although, the fur coat kind of reminds me of the Flinstones...

That fur coat is absolutely CRAZY! I want to see that on someone on the street. That last red dress is what has caught my eye the most. So simple yet so striking.

I never saw such Horrible shoes.Omg one style for all the collection,cheap.
There's some nice idea,like the Zip photo print and the belt going inside outside the leather jacket.By the way very MARGIELA and made seasons ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->